PDA

View Full Version : PEP shock questions

middleman102002
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
ok so i have some PEP LT shocks with the big cans and im wondering what this ARC everyone keeps asking me about is i dont know if mine have it or not or even know what it is

also i was wondering if PEP has a website i think there the hardest company to find info on almost like they dont want people to know they exist

R3Concepts
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
PEP does not have a website.

Mark does though, baldwinmotorsports.com

PEP ZPS 8 clicks are compression only

PEP ZPS ARC 8 clicks are fully adjustable

ARC- Adjustable rebound and compression

Look for the red and black adjuster knob at the bottom of the shock for the rebound adjustment.

middleman102002
05-03-2006, 08:56 PM
well that really pisses me off i just bought these shocks and when i ordered them i talked directly to mark and he asked what i wanted i told him fully adjustable top of the line peps and hes aid no prob well we talked all throughout the process and right before he shipped them he confirmed the oprder with me so i got my shocks and was curious as to why there was no rebound adjustment and thought pep didnt offer it

so i called mark and he told me that pep doesnt offer rebound adj
now i find out theres these ARC with rebound adjust im very pissed i think i dont like pep anymore the shocks are great but i mean thats a big mistake

R3Concepts
05-03-2006, 09:39 PM
If you paid around 1075, then I wouldnt be mad. Not doubting your riding, but I seriuosly doubt that you will ever outride 8 clicks. Now, if you paid 1650 for the fronts, then, yes, be mad, cause you paid for the ARCs.

Honestly, you dont need the rebound. Mark builds ALL the shocks to Waynes data sheets and specs. It doesnt get any better then Wayne.

middleman102002
05-03-2006, 10:52 PM
i know im not at the level to ride all the time at the limit of the shocks the point is its a saftey net if you race in a car your probably going to want a rollcage even thought you might never roll over

if your gonna play guitar you prob want the 3000 dollar les paul even though you might never be good enough to fully appreciate the instrument

ill have to look at my bills but i think i paid 1200 for them

i understand wayne is good at valving but i asked for every adj and i didnt get it its like going out to eat asking for a hamburger and they forget the patty i mean it looks like a hamburger to everyone else but you know its not

R3Concepts
05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by middleman102002
i know im not at the level to ride all the time at the limit of the shocks the point is its a saftey net if you race in a car your probably going to want a rollcage even thought you might never roll over

if your gonna play guitar you prob want the 3000 dollar les paul even though you might never be good enough to fully appreciate the instrument

ill have to look at my bills but i think i paid 1200 for them

i understand wayne is good at valving but i asked for every adj and i didnt get it its like going out to eat asking for a hamburger and they forget the patty i mean it looks like a hamburger to everyone else but you know its not

If you paid around 1200 then you got what you payed for. In some cases Mark wont sell ARCs. Maybe he just misunderstood you. More info on what you told him might help out.

I really wouldnt be mad. You didnt get screwed and what you have is MORE then enough. The rebound will be spot on, I guarantee it.