PDA

View Full Version : ATV Sport vs. ATV-Insider vs. ATV Rider

MagazineMelee
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I want to get a mag subscription ... what should I get? I want racing coverage at a minimum. What do you all suggest?

rollie
05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
QUAD is a sweet magazine, its pretty new, ATVinsider is awsome, i pick them up at the races all the time, there huge and packed with info, mostly racing though

MagazineMelee
05-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Cool. Thanks. ATV Rider has utility quads, which I could care less about. ATV-Insider is only revolved around racing. Quad has sweet posters but no race coverage and the info is mostly fluff. ATV Sport is ok but the design doesn't draw me in. It's a tough decision for me.

Maybe I'll just keep getting my info. here!

05-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Dirt Wheels

05-02-2006, 01:44 PM
look on ebay for subscriptions to all three...i got 2 uears of atv sport for around $4.50. i bought my brother a 3 year susbscription to maxim, stuff, and one other magazine for 6 dollars also(all 3 were 6 total, not 6 a piece).

trick250r
05-02-2006, 01:45 PM
every mag i've read has been biased. then i read ATVinsider, now its the only thing i read.

Dan_Guetter
05-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Hummmm, nice first post...You seem to know alot about the mags already...kinda like your in the Mag industry and you want feedback from us.

insaneracin2003
05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
ATV-Insider Mag,they are the most in depth mag i have read,,,i love my subscription....:macho

JLanphear
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm not a really big magazine fan when it comes to quads....

Any tech questions or things like that I usually resort back to forums or someone I know so I can get info first hand.

Yes, there is a lot of BS on internet forums, but there are a lot of people with tons of knowledge in different areas. You can ask almost any type of question on here (related to quads or not) and there always seems to be someone who can answer it.

So in all honesty....I mostly look at pictures and things like that in the mags, and since a lot of them aren't very interesting it doesn't take me very long to go through them.

Don't get me wrong...I do read some of the articles that directly interest me, but usually it doesn't tell me much more than I can find out on my own by asking.

I suppose they are pretty handy for memorizing the specs of all the new quads, but again, that can be done online.

So yeah, I'm mainly interested in looking at unique and interesting pictures (preferably action shots).

And to answer the original question, I'm not really sure which magazine I like best. I have a subscribtion to ATV sport just cause my picture was used in an add in one of the issues and I wanted to make sure I got it....lol.

Anyway, it's the last 10 minutes of the work day for me and I felt like rambling.

-Josh

PismoLocal
05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Hummmm, nice first post...You seem to know alot about the mags already...kinda like your in the Mag industry and you want feedback from us.

Ya his name is MAGAZINEMELEE obviously just Fishin for info. truthfully i hope he is in the industry and is trying to find out what the consumers of atv mags want personally i want atleast 3 scantily clad female's per issue and more product evaluations out of all the mags.

PismoLocal
05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Anyway, it's the last 10 minutes of the work day for me and I felt like rambling.
Lucky im still locked down for another 3 hours.

miller821
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I have atvsport and its pretty nice... I got it for a cheap price, and got the Quadfather dvd included with my subs. so not bad if you ask me.

JLanphear
05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
I have atvsport and its pretty nice... I got it for a cheap price, and got the Quadfather dvd included with my subs. so not bad if you ask me.

off topic but did you watch it yet?

miller821
05-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
off topic but did you watch it yet?
Ya man definitely watched it as soon as I took it out of the case... And if your wondering if I liked the CVBOYZ part... Well lets just say that was the best part in the movie... It was awesome with the superman wheelie, the burnouts, no handed wheelies, it was sick:devil: Were you in that part?

trx400exxracer
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
ATV Sport

JLanphear
05-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ya man definitely watched it as soon as I took it out of the case... And if your wondering if I liked the CVBOYZ part... Well lets just say that was the best part in the movie... It was awesome with the superman wheelie, the burnouts, no handed wheelies, it was sick:devil: Were you in that part?

thanks man...I don't want to get too far off topic but really happy to hear you liked it!!!

I'm on the Silver 400ex and some shots on the Yellow Z400.

Thanks again.

tazman7
05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
shift_dvs hit the nail on the head I think!!

But anyways- I would like to see more info about Honda 250rs instead of all of this new 4-stroke crap.

miller821
05-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by tazman7
shift_dvs hit the nail on the head I think!!

But anyways- I would like to see more info about Honda 250rs instead of all of this new 4-stroke crap.
In the last atvsport I got, or maybe the one before it, there was a complete rebuild on this 250R... Pretty nice section to.