PDA

View Full Version : stems, bars, and mounts...oh, my!

spent21
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Ok. I'm looking at a new setup on my 400. I bent my stock stem and mangled my Answer bars. I'm considering an aftermarket stem (used +1) with a set of Fatbars (tag, longhorn, renthal).

My question is about the mounts on this particular setup. Roll and LSR make fatbar anti-vibe clamps at $90/set. Are there any less expensive alternatives?

I don't want the universal 1 1/8 adapters because of the added height since the stem is a +1 anyway. I've always run CR Highbend bars with a stock stem/clamps and I'm confortable with them.

Hmmmm. maybe I could go with the CR Low bend with the universals......

Thoughts?

yellowzo3
05-02-2006, 12:36 PM
you could get an aftermarket stem thats the standard length and then get the adapters and you would have your +1 inch from that. not sure if thats what your looking for but hope it helps some.

TBD
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by spent21
Ok. I'm looking at a new setup on my 400. I bent my stock stem and mangled my Answer bars. I'm considering an aftermarket stem (used +1) with a set of Fatbars (tag, longhorn, renthal).

My question is about the mounts on this particular setup. Roll and LSR make fatbar anti-vibe clamps at $90/set. Are there any less expensive alternatives?

I don't want the universal 1 1/8 adapters because of the added height since the stem is a +1 anyway. I've always run CR Highbend bars with a stock stem/clamps and I'm confortable with them.

Hmmmm. maybe I could go with the CR Low bend with the universals......

Thoughts?
Applied and Tag both make clamps that are cheaper then that.

quadwunner
05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
houser also makes a +1 anit-vibe stem that works really well.
i reccomend it

Over-land 450r
05-03-2006, 07:48 PM
talk to pappy on here. hes the man i bought a burgard off him with anti vibes 7/8 or 1.1/8 for $175. That or ebay has burgard for $190. sold throgh hellbound. Pm Pappy hell hook u up.

spent21
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
man! i wish i saw this before i bought that stem! i'll know next time! i ended up with a used lonestar stem, with 1 1/8 tag bars. i should be getting them in the mail any day now. i'll let you guys know how it is.
by the way, do any of you have a length for a standard stem? after i put this lonestar on, it looks like it is standard length, but i was told it was +1...:rolleyes:

my stocker was too trashed to measure:ermm:

INFANTRY RACING
05-09-2006, 05:10 PM
you can use clamps the are designed to bolt to stock cr honda dirtbike tripple clamps.you can use cr antivibe bushings too if needed