PDA

View Full Version : Boots

400exchick
05-02-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm still riding in my running shoes and would like more protection & better ankle support. What kind of boots do you like best and why?? Because they were the most expensive therefor you think it has the best quality isn't really the kind of answer I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for your input!

sorry if a similar thread has been created in the past, nothing relevant is coming up through the search engine

05-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Gaerne SG-10>all. They look great, last forever, and protect incredible. I wouldn't wear anything else.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
The thor quadrant boot is a good boot for the money, I use the alpinestar tech 8 running on 3 years I believe and my wife has had the tech 6 for a couple of years but before that she got 4 years out of the Thor boots

I do know that the ocelot boots (if they even make them anymore) don't last very long and not much ankle support.

hope this help some

since you are a woman you might look into the new alpinestar stella boot, my wife wants a set but is going to wait till her 6's are worn out...

<DRS>GPF
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
i picked up some alpinestar 6's last year and theyre great.. easily broke in and snug.. kick through a Ford Focus door and look sexy doin it.. ;)

good maintenance will help you keep a set of boots longer so your money doesnt feel wasted no matter what brand you buy..