PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Clutch

duke416ex
05-02-2006, 09:54 AM
I just put a new clutch cable on and it didn't help make it any easier to pull. I am going to try switching the lever to see if that helps. Any other suggestions?

bwilson624
05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Hydraulic clutches are the best by far. Magura makes a great clutch. I rode a yfz with the magura clutch and it was like pulling air. No effort at all. I'm sure it would really reduce arm pump in long races.

shamisc
05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
ASV makes awesome perches. Just get the F5 b/c it has a 5 year warranty and the rubber boot to cover the cable. That's the main issue with tight cables is dirt getting in. I also use a Wirtz Moose perch with a rubber boot. I keep mine lubed with a cable luber, and it's easier to press now than when it was new!;)

duke416ex
05-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I havew an asv lever that was on the quad when I got it, but I don't really think it is an asv perch. The lever moves freely when the cable isn't hooked up, but it might be in a bind when I hook it up. I would try lubing it, but I literally took the cable out of the package and put it on and it didn't help. I am wondering if I have stiffer springs in my clutch, if so I am thinking about replacing them cause my wrist can't take to many more races the way it is.