PDA

View Full Version : suspenion problems

06LTR
05-02-2006, 07:25 AM
I took my ltr to the tracks this weekend and it seemed to bottom out alot. I have softend my damping & rebound very little not enough to make it bottom out.the tracks were very normal and easy to jump on but I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Yamahauler_04
05-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Take preload out.

A lot if necessary. I hear they are set up for a 210 lb rider, much stiffer than usual.

mike_repine
05-03-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm having the same issue with bottoming out. I weigh 175 5'10" tall, about 15 hours ride time on the quad. Admittedly when I bottom it's not on the downside of the jump and I'm sure I’m not hard enough on the gas but still, I would think the quad shouldn't bottom out. I've done some research and am going to try increasing the compression dampening and pre tension if necessary. I'll make the adjustments over the weekend and get back with the results.

06LTR
05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by mike_repine
I'm having the same issue with bottoming out. I weigh 175 5'10" tall, about 15 hours ride time on the quad. Admittedly when I bottom it's not on the downside of the jump and I'm sure I’m not hard enough on the gas but still, I would think the quad shouldn't bottom out. I've done some research and am going to try increasing the compression dampening and pre tension if necessary. I'll make the adjustments over the weekend and get back with the results.

thanks mike im 170 5'11'' and i would like to know what ur out come is with the adjustments.

MAaudioX10
05-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
Take preload out.

A lot if necessary. I hear they are set up for a 210 lb rider, much stiffer than usual.

If the shock is bottoming out, you won't want to soften the preload.