PDA

View Full Version : front susp.set up for jumping,elka or ishock?

pit/wood
05-02-2006, 06:13 AM
I have been looking at front end suspension componants and savin my cash. freestyle jumping is new to me and because of a recent injury I need all the suspension on I can get. looks like it comes down to elka or Ishock for me. I need a rebound and comp. adjustable set up because I ride on some pretty rough stuff but I also will be doing alot of jumping and I need all the dampening I can get to keep my fat belly off the tank. Elkas would be good but I could only afford the shocks and I would like to go to a plus 1" front end. The Ishock kit comes complete so I would not have to buy tie-rods or a-arms.
The problem is I dont want to find out I have to spend more bucks because my set up cant do what I need it to. If I go with elkas I can wait for a-arms but I would have to get them revalved for the longer arms I believe,adding to the cost.

I have read that peps are also a good choice.

I have some time before I can ride again so post your opinions please.

Chino886
05-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by pit/wood
I have been looking at front end suspension componants and savin my cash. freestyle jumping is new to me and because of a recent injury I need all the suspension on I can get. looks like it comes down to elka or Ishock for me. I need a rebound and comp. adjustable set up because I ride on some pretty rough stuff but I also will be doing alot of jumping and I need all the dampening I can get to keep my fat belly off the tank. Elkas would be good but I could only afford the shocks and I would like to go to a plus 1" front end. The Ishock kit comes complete so I would not have to buy tie-rods or a-arms.
The problem is I dont want to find out I have to spend more bucks because my set up cant do what I need it to. If I go with elkas I can wait for a-arms but I would have to get them revalved for the longer arms I believe,adding to the cost.

I have read that peps are also a good choice.

I have some time before I can ride again so post your opinions please.

Hey pit/wood,

I don't think you can go wrong with either setup, I have Elkas all around right now with comp/reb adjustability. I think I would probably be just as happy with the I-shock kit as well. Just make sure whichever one you get, it is set up for you and your riding style.

Chino886

pit/wood
05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Chino,I guess you and I have talked about this before. I have a hard time saying just what my style is. I ride to the best of my ability, for what its worth.

I guess what it comes down to is are the h.d. f-8 shocks any good. Does anybody use these? are they good for jumping?hows the warrenty?

HDUSA
05-08-2006, 09:46 AM
For warranty information visit: http://ishock.com/warranty.php

There are quite a few users on the board running our kits. I'm sure they'll jump in and give you there opinions.

pit/wood
06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
What timing I have. I post this then a few days later I see that Akraix and hdusa got together on a freestyle set up.

I ran across a great deal on a complete +3 Burgard/elka set up so I bought it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys,and a beer for chino for selling me his set-up at such a great price.

tmoney
06-08-2006, 09:15 AM
you'll love those elkas