PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Creek Dunes???

pharit
05-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Anyone heard of these dunes i'm lookin for a little information about them

smokinwrench
05-04-2006, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by pharit
Anyone heard of these dunes i'm lookin for a little information about them

If your talking about Oklahoma dunes it is Beaver Dunes. They are in Beaver Oklahoma. I go there a lot maybe 10-15 times per summer.

pharit
05-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
If your talking about Oklahoma dunes it is Beaver Dunes. They are in Beaver Oklahoma. I go there a lot maybe 10-15 times per summer.

cool. Are they any good big dunes trails whats it like out there.

smokinwrench
05-04-2006, 05:29 PM
It is fairly small 305 acres of riding area. It is about 95% trails in thick brush. As far as riding it is hard, trails are difficult. Be riding down a trail take a 90 degree corner and there might be a 50 foot dune straight up about 15 feet after the corner. I love the place it is way better then waynoka as far as I'm concerned, but I'm not into the big dunes even at waynoka I ride trails.

Lots better for kids also. The day time parkign area is right at the drag strip area. The kids always build a little circle track right at the edge and just ride all day long non stop. Gives us adults time to rest and still keep an eye on the kids while they ride.

pharit
05-04-2006, 07:52 PM
How much farther is that than waynoka?
How much per day to ride and camp?

smokinwrench
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by pharit
How much farther is that than waynoka?
How much per day to ride and camp?

I would guess it is about 115 miles west of waynoka.

It costs $5 per day to ride per machine, you pay in a barrel with an envelope. I cant rembmer on camping but seems like it is a bit cheaper then waynoka.

If you go don't tell to many people about it, a busy weekend there will be maybe 100 quads total.