PDA

View Full Version : Irazr tire question

QuadJunkies
05-02-2006, 01:03 AM
We got a new set of rears and so far we really like the tire ,but they wore out REALLY fast!

Fast as in 2 times of of riding!:huh Is that the Norm on these tires??

They were used in loose,dry sandy conditions and some dry pack.

I was just very surprised how fast they showed signs of wear :(

tater_kamik
05-02-2006, 02:01 AM
im surprised! i had been told the irazr lasts better than the mxr/ mxr4 and i have a few rides on mine with no real sign of wear, maybe you are too fast and need to quit haulin a**!

nah, haul a** its a LOT more fun than putting around:D

a_garrett82
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM
I've had mine Since January...rode on them about 5 times and ran one race. They are really worn. I love them, but I can't afford new tires 4 times a year! I'm gonna switch sides with mine and see if I can get a little more life outta them.

QuadJunkies
05-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Are they made more for wet /muddy conditions and not dry?? I didnt think so, but I thought I would ask

I know several of the WORCS riders use them, I guess Ill ask them or even better, Call Maxxis.

05-02-2006, 10:05 AM
i have about 4 rides on mine and they are showing signs of wear already, and will be bald by the end of summer. i really like how they hook up, but the wear is going to kill me and my wallet. going with razr 2's next time i think...

Flynbryan19
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Are they made more for wet /muddy conditions and not dry?? I didnt think so, but I thought I would ask

I know several of the WORCS riders use them, I guess Ill ask them or even better, Call Maxxis.

Yeah QJ, they were really designed for wet/muddy conditions if I remember right. They are a VERY soft rubber compound and do wear out very quickly. They do get VERY good traction in the dry because of their rubber compound, which is why some pro's use them in the dry. But, they also usually do not pay for their own tires. ;) Some of the local XC guys here praise them, but do admit they don't last worth a squat.

QuadJunkies
05-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Kinda like the holeshots... GREAT traction, but wear quickly.

SIGH..... I guess next time we will have t o buy a tougher compound cause this wear is not what we was expecting at all.:ermm:

We just bought a set of 19 inch Razr MX for the kids for up front cause they blow threw Holeshots too fast too..

QuadJunkies
05-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I wanted to call Maxxis and talk to them a bit on the tires ,compounds ect.. But they dont list there phone number that I can find?? I know I have called before t oget some stickers. Anyone know it?

QuadJunkies
05-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Nevermind.. I found it! ;)