PDA

View Full Version : i need your help

400exrider0004
05-01-2006, 10:21 PM
hey guys, i just got a 06 450r about a month ago. Now I am in a dilema. I am not sure if I shoud get the HRC kit or a Sparks BC Exhaust. I want to break in the bike before I install the HRC kit, however I can buy it in about 2 weeks, but i wont install it for about 20 hours or riding. Or I can get a Sparks BC pipe and install it once I get it. I am thinking that pipe will get me about the same HP as the HRC kit, but I wont be getting a cam. How are you guys getting just the HRC Cam??? Can you order it or what? So my question is.... Should i get a full exhaust and be able to install it, or get the HRC kit and wait to install it?? Also were are you getting just the HRC cam???

Thanks for all your help!!!

eganracing
05-01-2006, 10:26 PM
get the hrc kit then buy a slip-on. a full system dosent make much more than a hrc. honda redesigned the header for the hrc kit. thats what i did.

400exrider0004
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Well im thinking that a stock 06 450 makes 42hp, then adding a Sparks BC Full exhaust will get me to about the same as the HRC kit would. Then later I would add the HRC kit. But then i thought all i would use out of that kit would be the cam since I got a exhaust already. I mean I could do all the other mods, but the thing i wouldnt have is the cam. So were would you get the HRC cam by itself? Also would i need to re-jet the bike for the cam after i already jetted for the exhaust? Do you think my dealer would install the HRC kit when i have a aftermarket exaust on?

bwilson624
05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
There is a few good deals on just the cam from ebay. And a few people here and there buy the HRC and sell the cam. I would check ebay first then look around. I think you can buy just the cam from servicehonda.com. But I agree with eganracing. Just get the HRC and a slip on. Wouldn't be much of a difference. Probably not even 1 hp.

eganracing
05-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
Well im thinking that a stock 06 450 makes 42hp, then adding a Sparks BC Full exhaust will get me to about the same as the HRC kit would. Then later I would add the HRC kit. But then i thought all i would use out of that kit would be the cam since I got a exhaust already. I mean I could do all the other mods, but the thing i wouldnt have is the cam. So were would you get the HRC cam by itself? Also would i need to re-jet the bike for the cam after i already jetted for the exhaust? Do you think my dealer would install the HRC kit when i have a aftermarket exaust on?
i think u should stop worrying about how much horse power your going to have. its more about having a usable powerband.

bwilson624
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
I agree. A lot of bikes have unusable power that is just useless. Fun in a drag, but useless anywhere else.

400exrider0004
05-01-2006, 10:54 PM
yah i know im getting carried away with that. I am just using it as a way to compare things. I am going to call around tomorrow and see what I can do. I am going to see if my dealers can get just the cam, and if they can install it that way, or if I am going to have to get a shop to do it that way. I think I am going to get the pipe get it jetted and see how I like it. Then I will go ahead and either get the kit depending on what my dealer says, or just the cam. Ill figure it out. thanks for your help

vwjohnny
05-02-2006, 12:15 PM
If it's just the cam you want why not go with a Hot Cam? Save you the trouble of finding a factory HRC cam and might even be a bit cheaper/

RedRacer44
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
If you just want a cam, go with the HotCam....

My advice to you though, is get the full HRC kit and then a slip-on....great power!

My '06 TRX with just Sparks Big Core wasnt near as fast as an '06 with the HRC kit. The HRC kit for the '06s are really good....

400exrider0004
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
well my birthday is coming around so I made a deal with my parents. I am going to pay for the pipe and their going to pay for the HRC kit. The HRC kit is 299.95 from a local dealer and I get 10% off, which covers tax. So Im going to get the pipe and the HRC kit. I will install the pipe as soon as I get it, and install the HRC kit once I get more riding time in on it! SO everything is dandy.

THanks for all your help

RedRacer44
05-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Just go ahead and install the HRC kit ASAP....before or after you get the pipe. You'll love it! Why wait for more power when you could have it now!!!

Mhhhmmmmm horsepower :devil:

400exrider0004
05-02-2006, 07:31 PM
lol...i was thinking the same thing.

I called about 4 different places today and found out a lot of info. Most of it bad:rolleyes: I thought i was getting a deal on the kit cause yesterday I called my dealer and they told me 299.99 and today they told me 359.99 which is factory price. Then I learned that they cant install it because its a green sticker bike:grr: Then i called Garys Cycles and asked if he could jet the bike for when i get an exhaust and he said yah, but it would cost 130 bucks for two hours of labor. and it would cost them 500 bucks to install the HRC kit. THEN i called Sparks and learned the pipe with Ceramic coating and big core is 539.95 and it would take about a week and two days to get it. So all in all i learned a lot but a lot of it was bad. So I will be getting the pipe tomorrow and will be paying about 712 dollars for jetting, pipe, and labor. Which is ok for me. Then I will be getting the HRC kit for my b-day:devil:

Sorry for the long post

kfx008
05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
y dont u get a sparks cam? and bc exhaust