PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont start now????

jrdrag5475
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey well just recently bout a week ago i bought a new clutch cable and put that on and drove my quad around a little bit to check out the clutch, well that was all good now a week later i change my oil and oil filter, but in new oil and oil filter. I go to start it up and drive it and it wont fire it just turns over. I pulled the plug and the plug didnt look to be bad. But the plug wasnt even wet, like it didnt look like it was getting fuel. The quad is full of fuel also. I checked for spark and thats good but for some reason it wont fire.
If anyone can help me with this that would be great!!

Thanks for all your help

Jrdrag

atvracer980
05-02-2006, 06:22 AM
I would start by removing the on/off start switch on the handle bars- use some emery cloth to scuff the metal on the inside of the switch and reattach to the handle bars securely.

GPracer2500
05-02-2006, 09:09 AM
If your getting spark but it's not firing your probably not getting fuel for some reason. Kinked fuel line? Make sure there is fuel in the float bowl...that will help narrow down what's going on.

xcracer416
05-02-2006, 11:07 AM
whats your petcock look like? is it at on or reserve? what about the little filter on the petcock cloged?