PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Red Wings !!!

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Best team in the NHL eliminated by the Edmonton Oilers . WOOHOO !!!! That just made my night . Detroit goes into the 3rd with a 2 goal advantage .... Edmonton comes back and wins the game 4-2 .

Na Na Na Na , Na Na Na Na , Hey Hey Hey , Goodbye !!!!!!! :devil:

05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
The playoffs have deffinatley been crazy this year. Rank isn't meaning **** so far.

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
The playoffs have deffinatley been crazy this year. Rank isn't meaning **** so far.

That's for sure . I've tried to watch every Canadian teams games in the playoffs and it's surprising how things are turning out . I'd love to see all the Canadian teams advance to the next round .

Another rough game comming up tonight .... Calgary Flames vs Anaheim Mighty Ducks .... ROUGH series .... True playoff hockey !!!!!!!:devil:

CaptainCanuck
05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Sorry bud. The Flames are playing Anaheim. And I hope Calgary loses with everyone on their team breaking atleast one bone (coming from an Edmonton Fan). Haha.

Quad18star
05-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
Sorry bud. The Flames are playing Anaheim. And I hope Calgary loses with everyone on their team breaking atleast one bone (coming from an Edmonton Fan). Haha.

Bah !!!! My mistake on the teams . I had San Jose on my mind , cuz during the Edmonton Game they were talking about them for some reason . Next time I'll just say " One of them Southern US teams " :devil:

How is the rivalry out in your end between the 2 teams ( Calgary and Edmonton) ??? I know out here in Ontario it's pretty rough series when Ottawa and Toronto meet !!!

dober250R
05-02-2006, 05:51 AM
I'm glad the wings lost. I live near Detroit and I can't stand how everyone thinks they are gonna win it all every year. And for the past couple years I make fun of them when they lose in the first round!! I was also excited to read that in the sports page this morning. I would like any team except for the red wings to wing the stanley cup every year. :D

05-02-2006, 06:46 AM
how are the pens doing...hahaha j/k. in a way, i am glad to see detroit out...not sure who i would want to win since my team ended up sucking. as big oof a hockey fan that i am, i really haven't watched since early november...i am kind of embarrased about this...maybe there is something wrong with me...should i go see the doctor? hmmmm

Quad18star
05-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
how are the pens doing...hahaha j/k. in a way, i am glad to see detroit out...not sure who i would want to win since my team ended up sucking. as big oof a hockey fan that i am, i really haven't watched since early november...i am kind of embarrased about this...maybe there is something wrong with me...should i go see the doctor? hmmmm

No need to see a Doctor .... you're just feeling the side effects of NHL Lockout . LOL . I know a lot of people that haven't followed the game religiously like they did before since the lockout last year . Myself , I'm a big hockey fan , so whenever it's on TV I'm watching it ... especially Saturday night ... Hockey Night in Canada on CBC with Ron McLean and Don Cherry . :cool:

One thing I've found , is that listening to Canadian announcers and American announcers is like Night and Day ..... You guys in the USA gotta tell your announcers to put a little more heart into their broadcast ... it's so boring listening to these guys . :ermm:

450r51
05-02-2006, 07:13 AM
sabres will win it for the east, and san jose for the west.

05-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
sabres will win it for the east, and san jose for the west. http://www.buckleshop.com/images/hb65.jpg

05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
people make such a big deal if the red wings lose, its just because they win so much...just like people make a big deal if they beat a banshee in the sand...they are both known to be the best but the best can be beaten from time to time....there is not a single team that can compare to detroit in the past 10-12 years and they are still unbelieveable... i am a huge detroit fan and always will be...so all those people that want them to loose just dont liek them because they have been the best in the NHL over the past decade...good job detroit on being a true hockey dynesty (sp?)...now that detroit is out i hope the senators or sabers win it all....

CaptainCanuck
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Bah !!!! My mistake on the teams . I had San Jose on my mind , cuz during the Edmonton Game they were talking about them for some reason . Next time I'll just say " One of them Southern US teams " :devil:

How is the rivalry out in your end between the 2 teams ( Calgary and Edmonton) ??? I know out here in Ontario it's pretty rough series when Ottawa and Toronto meet !!!
Its quite crazy. There is a lot of hate between us and Calgary. I want Calgary to win tomorrow night so that we can play them in the next round and kick the **** out of them.

Titanium
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Go Avalanche.

Alberta_Qaudin
05-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck

I agree and dissagree at the same time, i hate calgary but i'de rather see the battle of alberta then see the oilers up against the sharks. BUT WHAT A GAME LASTNIGHT......LETS GO OILERS......

you can never count the Oilers out cause no team plays harder when they're losing the game then Edmonton. round #2 here we come

Quad18star
05-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
I agree and dissagree at the same time, i hate calgary but i'de rather see the battle of alberta then see the oilers up against the sharks. BUT WHAT A GAME LASTNIGHT......LETS GO OILERS......

you can never count the Oilers out cause no team plays harder when they're losing the game then Edmonton. round #2 here we come

Probably one of the worst 2 periods of hockey that I've ever watched them play .... then the best 3rd period comeback that I've ever seen them play .

I feel bad for Manny Lagace (Detroit goalie) cuz he was trying his hardest to win the game , but his defence was nowhere to be found . I really though that one goal was not going to be allowed .... it almost looked like he kicked it in , but they ruled that it was a goal cuz he was being pushed into the net . Lucky break for the Oils .

If Calgary wins , the battle between Edmonton and them will probably be the best round of the entire playoffs . Both teams play hard and don't give up . It will be a rough and tough series with GREAT goaltending !!!!

HAHA Loving the Edmonton Flag ..... I have a hat and a blanket for my bed from the Edmonton Oilers . My cousin used to play for them in the early 90s ( Troy Mallette) . Edmonton has always been one of my favorite teams behind Toronto .... but we all know what happened to those guys . :macho

Alberta_Qaudin
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
yea toronto kinda did too little to late but went out with a bang.

i think if we see the battle of alberta you will see the hard hitting Oilers everyone loves to see, they hit alot hard and get alot more physical when it comes to Calgary and Dallas. but hell yea it'll be an awsome series and as much as oilers fans hate calgary and vice versa i think everyone in alberta is wanting calgary to win and get this rivalry going again, i know i'll be on the strip partying every step of the way, and a little side trip to Calgary might be in order.......but i'll need a bigger flag.

and yea i feel for legacy too, he's a killer goalie and has stood on his head for the wings in this series. but cant take anything from Roli either for most of the games he's the only reason EDM stayed alive.

05-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Everyone counts Philly out. Remember the pwnage they layed down dec.-jan.? Longest road winning streak in NHL history, best team in the nhl for a good month. They can do it. Never count out a team with Simone Gagne and Peter Forsberg.

Hondadudeehhhh
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I have been a Red Wings fan since the day i was born, i was frusterated to see them lose. My team did lose, but im just glad hockey is back!

Also, i hope Stevie Y has one more year in him

Quad18star
05-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
I have been a Red Wings fan since the day i was born, i was frusterated to see them lose. My team did lose, but im just glad hockey is back!

Also, i hope Stevie Y has one more year in him

He's got another year in him .... just not in a Red Wings jersey . I think he'll ask to be moved to another team .... you could see the frustration on his face lastnight .

That being said , he might just call it quits because of his recurrent back problems .

Alberta_Qaudin
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Steve Yzerman is probably the best capain, and one of the very best players the NHL has ever seen, for him to come out and put himself on the line with an injured back just shows the leader he is, and i would hate to see him go but over 20 years of consistantly playing as one of the best and at some points the best in the NHL is something VERY few can say

05-02-2006, 02:39 PM
if anyone knows anything about yzerman then you know he wont be playing in any other jersay... he admitted many times in the past that he will retire as a red wing and even if detroit did trade him (witch they never would do) he said he would rather just retire before signing with another team...it was sad watching him play in 1 of his last games last night, i grew up watching him and he is a hero is the city of detroit...look in the stands at joe louis arena...about every other jersay is yzerman...the man is amazing and what he has done for the red wings and the city of detroit is well....i cant even think of a word to describe it...Everyone in detroit loves the man, he does charity work in the city and is very sportsmanlike if you ever meet him...

Does anyone here play hockey themselves??? if so PM me and state where you played....i played midget major AAA 18 and under last year..possibly playing junior hockey next year

Ghost-Rider
05-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
No need to see a Doctor .... you're just feeling the side effects of NHL Lockout . LOL . I know a lot of people that haven't followed the game religiously like they did before since the lockout last year . Myself , I'm a big hockey fan , so whenever it's on TV I'm watching it ... especially Saturday night ... Hockey Night in Canada on CBC with Ron McLean and Don Cherry . :cool:

One thing I've found , is that listening to Canadian announcers and American announcers is like Night and Day ..... You guys in the USA gotta tell your announcers to put a little more heart into their broadcast ... it's so boring listening to these guys . :ermm:

thats great was listenin to the raido other morning and they were makin fun of you guys and your announcers lol the guys like OH DEY GOTTA PUT DA BISCUT IN DA BASKET EH ... o ya red wings down defensive reallys need to get it together
good stuff

kinda sad that they lsot to cause im a fan and im sure he will retire soon
i swear the wings and tigers switched luck or tigers r on steriods they just won a game 33-1 .....HOLY CRAP TIGERS ARE SUPPOSES TO SUCK !!!
to bad yzerman will have to go out without another big win :ermm:

05-02-2006, 05:16 PM
my predators are out. the only thing that could make me happy about the playoffs now is of the red wigs lose yay

Alberta_Qaudin
05-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Everyone counts Philly out. Remember the pwnage they layed down dec.-jan.? Longest road winning streak in NHL history, best team in the nhl for a good month. They can do it. Never count out a team with Simone Gagne and Peter Forsberg.

can we count them out yet?? sorry that wasnt right.....lol

05-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
can we count them out yet?? sorry that wasnt right.....lol No comment:p

Quad18star
05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Arrevoire les Habitants !!!

For all you non-french speaking folks .... it's Cya Later Habs !!!!:D

450r51
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
No comment:p

yes so what did happen to all the mighty flyers.....oh wait they SUCK.

7-1 in there biggest came of the year...hahahahahahahaha.

but seriously the sabres will prolly loose to ottawa, ottawa is the only team that can match there speed.