PDA

View Full Version : powerwheels toy questions

quadcustoms
05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
this is a long shot here but is their some parent out there with experience in wiring up a lawnmower battery in a powerwheels?
or is it impossible,with outt damaging the motor?
thanks
or where can you get cheap batteries? lol

quadcustoms
05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
didnt want to pay for the info!!

You are bidding on the instructions and schematics created exclusively by me to re-wire your 2-speed ride-on vehicle that uses two 6-Volt batteries to use one or more 12VDC lawn & garden or motorcycle batteries.

Why do this modification? That's easy. Ever have your little tike just get into riding his/her Jeep or ATV around and the batteries go dead? Or see that little vehicle get stuck in the grass? Using 12VDC lawn & garden batteries will give the vehicle more power without increasing speed. They are easier to charge, and most often cheaper.

After this modification you will have two-speed forward and single (low) speed reverse. Do not be confused with other modifications that do not prevent full speed reverse. Though going backwards at 5MPH might sound like fun at first, it can be dangerous.

These are step by step instructions and wiring diagrams to re-wire the vehicle designed and written by me. Though designed for the Power Wheels 2-speed dual-6VDC vehicles, it does work on most ride-on toy utilizing two 6vdc batteries.

polcat1p
05-01-2006, 07:20 PM
my buddy put a worm drive commerical grade weed wacker motor in a power wheels, and the thing would get sidways on tar.
can wait to do stuff like that for my kids.

sorry for geting off the subject

dopeyferree
05-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I put my old Raptor battery in my daughters jeep. Just got some electrical connections and spliced into the connection and that way I could use the regular battery or a atv battery. Doesnt hurt a thing, been used that way for over a year

quadcustoms
05-01-2006, 08:16 PM
so if you have( 2 )6 volt batteries
and wire in one 12 volt you have the same thing?

fast_enough
05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
When I was little my dad wired my Bigfoot up to a generator and hooked a chain to the bigfoot so it wouldnt rip the wires off, it was fast but I could only go about 20 feet. Good times

wilkin250r
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
It's certainly possible. If memory serves, the two 6volt batteries are connected in parallel (6 volts) for the low-speed, and in series (total 12V) for high speed.

I've done it once, I used a car battery, and that thing ran for hours. But the particular one I used was old, and I got it at a garage sale. I can't even remember how to do it, because it was years ago. Even if I pulled it out to look look at it, it has undoubtedly changed since then.

If you have a multi-meter, I could probably walk you through it. But unfortunately, I haven't been able to get on much recently, and I doubt that will change in the very near future.

How much are these "plans" this guy is selling?

jcv400ex
05-02-2006, 08:46 AM
LOL, I was just browsing this weekend for this! I am not allowed to buy a 50 yet for the little girl, so I'm pimpin out the powerwheels. Check this website out. alot of good info:

http://www.ryanhull.com/forums2/index.php

red2004 TRX450R
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
by brother but a tractor battery in my nieces powerwheel i will ask him and get back tomorrow.

Ghost-Rider
05-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by quadcustoms
Though going backwards at 5MPH might sound like fun at first, it can be dangerous.

Oh the good times i had with my ol powerwheel bigfoot wayyy back in the day.... i would think you could change out the plugs and such?

also man i wanna try that thing with the weed wacker engine sounds sweet lol !