PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake - August 23-25

RytM1
08-04-2002, 07:29 PM
Who's up for a blast in the dunes? Me and a few friends are planning on going up to Silver Lake the 23rd-25th. If all goes as usual, we will probably be staying at a campground a couple miles outside of town. I think the name of it is Silver City II.

MeatHead
08-19-2002, 12:48 PM
I was just there on Fri Aug. 16, but I am all for going again. I had a great time. Right now they are saying rain Fri, and Sat, but you know how that changes. Let me know if/when you are there and I should be able to blast out there. I don't need to camp, I am only an hour and a half away.

ridered300
08-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Meathead- what were u ridin there on the 16th? I was there on my Z too. Woner if I talked to you. I talked to a ton of people in those two days, Thurs. and Fri. It was my first time up there, its about 5 hours. It was so bad!!

MeatHead
08-24-2002, 08:02 PM
I was riding a red and black 2000 TRX300EX. My dad was riding a red 400ex, and my sister was riding a yellow 300ex. I saw a couple of Z's up there, I probably saw you, but I didn't talk to anyone on a Z that day. I was also up there yesterday. The dunes change from week to week. It was like a completely different place. I am starting to get more comforable on the 300, and rode alot harder yesterday. My muscles feel like I had a real hard work out. The sand was still a bit wet yesterday, so it was pretty firm. My 300 was hooking up alot better than the week before. I was going to bo back up this morning but it was raining in GR when I woke up and I decided to tear into my front end instead. It was squeaking louder than the exhaust. After taking the shocks off, I found that one of the dust seals on the lower mounts is torn, and as a result there was enough dirt to grow crops in there. I just bought this 300 and this is the first time I took the front apart. It wasn't as bad as I thought, just next time I am going to take the plastic off first. :blah