PDA

View Full Version : Creatine work??

Matt37
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Does Creatine really work??

I just started using it the other day, have been lifting every day and mix it with my gatorade.

Has anyone else been on this?? I wanna know how quick I can expect to see results.

05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
if filling up your 'pipes' with water makes you stronger...

miller821
05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Ya it helps, I didn't take alot, but could tell a little bit of a difference... It will just help you get muscle alot faster.

Hondadudeehhhh
05-01-2006, 05:21 PM
yes creatine does help a lot. Poeple who say it fills up your muscles with water have no idea what they are talking about. My bench increased about 15% in two weeks. My squat went up 25 pounds in 2 weeks.

Im off my cycle and about to switch to cell tech. I really need to get my numbers up for football season this year:macho

PismoLocal
05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta
if filling up your 'pipes' with water makes you stronger...
How does creatine full up your muscles with water please explain. It helps, personally im using whey protien and a L-arginine(NO2) supplement.

quads14589
05-01-2006, 05:26 PM
how does the stuff taste?

PismoLocal
05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
It all depends on what company your buying from and what flavor it is. It seems like chocolate flavored stuff tasted better because it masks the real flavor more. Best tasting protien i think is ON whey protien chocolate flavor mix it with milk and it taste like a milk shake.

Atkins
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
It's just water mass, I dont see how that builds your muscles.

miller821
05-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
how does the stuff taste?
Creatine- The stuff I used to take was tasteless... Just mix with applejuice, and you can't even tell...

Whey Protein- I took some of those chocolate shakes and they ain't bad, but get gross after a while... Best way to drink em though is to put some ice cream milk and the protein, and shake em together letting the ice cream melt... Then its pretty good.

Hondadudeehhhh
05-01-2006, 06:10 PM
THe best way to get bigger/stronger is to take protein. I recomend whey protein.

After you've been working out for a long time and hit a platue where you arent getting bigger or stronger even when you do hard work outs, that's when i recomend other things.
-Cell tech is for guys who are big but want to get bigger.
-Cell mass would be for a smaller guy who wants to get big.
-NO Explode is something you take before you work out and will open your veins. The theory is the more oxygen you get to your muscles the longer and harder you can work out.
-Creatine is by far the most popular suppliment. It is an overall good product for anyone that is on a routine workout. You will notice results in your lifting numbers and muscle mass eventually.

I don't know a whole lot but I stop in GNC on a regular basis for all this crap and have learned a couple things along this way. For anyone who is really interested in suppliments should go to GNC and ask questions. Most people who work in those stores are big into weight lifting and they know what they are talking about.

Matt37
05-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
THe best way to get bigger/stronger is to take protein. I recomend whey protein.

After you've been working out for a long time and hit a platue where you arent getting bigger or stronger even when you do hard work outs, that's when i recomend other things.
-Cell tech is for guys who are big but want to get bigger.
-Cell mass would be for a smaller guy who wants to get big.
-NO Explode is something you take before you work out and will open your veins. The theory is the more oxygen you get to your muscles the longer and harder you can work out.
-Creatine is by far the most popular suppliment. It is an overall good product for anyone that is on a routine workout. You will notice results in your lifting numbers and muscle mass eventually.

I don't know a whole lot but I stop in GNC on a regular basis for all this crap and have learned a couple things along this way. For anyone who is really interested in suppliments should go to GNC and ask questions. Most people who work in those stores are big into weight lifting and they know what they are talking about.

There is a store locally here in southern jersey that I find is a tad bit better than GNC.

This place sells "stronger" supplements than a GNC would sell.

2001-400ex'er
05-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I used creatine for about a month and a half and it really helped. Raised my max bench about 50 pounds in a month.

400exrules
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
is creatine hard on your kidneys?

05-01-2006, 07:34 PM
take growth hormones, like a cow

Rdhanded2
05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
No, it is not bad for the kidneys. What type are you guys using? The cycle I am on now I am using creatine ethyl ester. It does not need a sugar enzime to breach the cells, so it is better in that sense, and you need much less. There are several types of creatine, the most popular being creatine mono hydrate. Probably what you guys take. I buy mine from bulk nutrition, and use their brand beacuse it is cheap as hell, but the taste is 8 out of 10. 10 being the worst possuible taste imaginable. It is bad, but it works great so I deal with it.

Read this. It should answer your questions.

Creatine Ethyl Ester Info And Products
Absorbed Better Than Regular Creatine Monohydrate!

What is it and where does it come from?

Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL (CEE) is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. Esters are organic compounds that are formed by esterification - the reaction of carboxylic acid and alcohols.

What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?
Regular creatine monohydrate has been shown effective at increasing lean muscle mass1,2,3,4, muscle strength5,6 and athletic performance.7,8

However, regular creatine monohydrate is absorbed poorly by the body - and its effectiveness is dependant upon the cells ability to absorb it. The poor absorption rate of regular creatine monohydrate requires the creatine user to ingest large dosages of creatine to achieve desired effect.

Because creatine draws water to the cell, and because most ingested creatine monohydrate is not absorbed, unabsorbed creatine will sit outside of the target cell with the water, and this will result in the "creatine bloat."

Long-term clinical studies have proven that creatine monohydrate is safe for use by persons free of medical complication9, but why would you want to ingest more creatine monohydrate than you have to simply because your creatine is inefficient?

Creatine ethyl ester is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. The attachment of an ester is significant, because esters are found in the fat tissue of animals. But, why is this important? What role does this have in the absorption of creatine?

All substances that you put into your body will affect its operation. There are three ways that substances can affect a cells operation. They are:

Ligand binding to protein receptor sites.
Secondary messenger / metabotropic systems
Passive permeation of the cell wall via lipids
When a substance enters the body and affects the bodies operation, it is known as a ligand. The soma and dendrites of the cell have protein receptor sites to which ligands can bind. The process of a ligand binding with a receptor site is akin to a lock and key: only keys of a certain shape work with certain locks. When they work and cause the cells stimulation they are called agonists. When they block the cell from functioning they are called antagonists.

[ Top 5 Sellers ]
1. BSN CellMass
2. Xyience NOX-CG3
3. Higher Power Creatine Ethyl Ester
4. Controlled Labs Green Bulge
5. Higher Power CE3

When a ligand binds with the receptor site of a target cell, the cell, in the simplest of cases, changes its shape, opens up its ion channels and changes its function. In so-called "secondary messenger" or metabotropic cells, the ligand binds with the receptor site and an internal protein known as a g-protein is released. This released protein then binds to an internal site inside of the cell, and then the cell changes its behavior by opening its ion channels. Cells that operate in this way are known as metabotropic cells because their operation requires metabolic energy.

Passive permeation is a process that describes the diffusion of a substance across a cell membrane through the use of lipids as transport mechanisms. Because no "work" is being done by the cell in this model, this model is called passive permeation.

Creatine monohydrate utilizes lipids to permeate the cell wall and enter the cell. Because of this, the esterification of creatine, and the presence of esters in animal fat tissue, becomes significant.

Creatine monohydrate is semi-lipopholic. This means that it inefficiently uses fat as a transport mechanism. The esterification of substances will increase their lipopholic abilities, and thus esterified creatine will use fat more efficiently to permeate the cell wall and exert its effects upon cellular function than its unesterified creatine monohydrate counterpart.

This means, simply, that not only will dosage requirements be lower, but the absorption of esterified creatine will be increased and the infamous "creatine bloat" will be eliminated!

Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?
Creatine Ethyl Ester can benefit persons of all ages, as it displays the same benefits as regular creatine monohydrate. Many multiple sclerosis patients are classified as creatine non-responders, but with the improved absorption seen with CEE this may not be the case.

Is Creatine Ethyl Ester real?
Much controversy has been generated over creatine ethyl ester. Companies and individuals with a financial interest in promoting creatine monohydrate products have attempted to discredit creatine ethyl ester. Some companies have even gone so far as to commission laboratory reports that show that creatine ethyl ester is not real.

Included with this page is one such report, and also included are two COA's - certificates of analysis - proving that creatine ethyl ester is real. These are included so that you, the consumer, can make up your own mind - so that you can base your choices upon the power of information.

The one report that states that creatine ethyl ester is fake was commissioned by an industry company with an interest in discrediting creatine ethyl ester. The two certificates of analysis included show that CEE is real and was done on raw source product and conducted by people with no financial interest in the promotion of creatine ethyl ester.

The esterification of creatine is chemically possible and not hard to conceive. Those who claim that CEE is fake are denying obvious science and are cheating the consumer.

How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?
Strictly adhere to label recommendations.

No side effects have been reported in scientific literature.

derekhonda
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Does Creatine really work??

I just started using it the other day, have been lifting every day and mix it with my gatorade.

Has anyone else been on this?? I wanna know how quick I can expect to see results.

#1 - Don't lift everyday.
#2 - I know you want quick results, but fitness takes some time. Get on a good routine, you ought to start feeling better immediately, but it should take 3 or 4 weeks before you really are noticeably bigger.

dshfearh
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
im glad someone posted up something about ethyl ester. yes creatine monohydrate makes you retain water but creatine ethyl ester doesn't. it also is absorbed much easier by your body than monohydrate. personally i take xyience and so far it has been great for me. i increased my bench by 40 pounds in 5 months.

chunky
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
This is kind of off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. For those of you who bench, do you go all the way to your chest with the bar? I'm just curious because I do, but some other people don't, and last weekend at the competition I was in they made you go to your chest and wait for a "press" command.

PismoLocal
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
I used to compete in weight lifting in highschool during the off season of football and you have to go all the way down to your chest if you don't then they wont count it.

bansheeguy
05-02-2006, 04:54 PM
http://massmonsters.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=Lifting

EVERYTHING you need to know, you can find on this site.

trick250r
05-02-2006, 07:03 PM
two of my friends take it. one's a sr. and one's a freshman. the sr's been taking it since he was in the 8th grade and it worked pretty well on him. the freshmen tried it and started to have homicidal thoughts so he quit taking it.

miller821
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by chunky
This is kind of off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. For those of you who bench, do you go all the way to your chest with the bar? I'm just curious because I do, but some other people don't, and last weekend at the competition I was in they made you go to your chest and wait for a "press" command.
I know at our school, we do regular bench (Where you touch your chest), and a towel bench (Where you put a soft thing on your chest and go down to it then back up), and I used to do both of those... But the best thing to do for bench is do the regular bench, then go to dumbell benching and mix those up...

Lax
05-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Take D-bols for 6 weeks, see what the results will be.

1fst400
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
dude, you guys are out of control. ;)

just eat some wheaties for brekfast.:cool:

400exrules
05-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400

lol, that wont cut it

Warnerade
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lol, that wont cut it frosted mini wheats do though.

and i noticed best results taking creatine with grape juice..or something along those lines. Gatorade didnt seem to work as good.

400exrules
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
frosted mini wheats do though.

and i noticed best results eating creatine with grape juice..or salong those lines. Gatorade didnt seem to work as good.

wtf....first off, you dont eat creatine:huh

Warnerade
05-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
wtf....first off, you dont eat creatine:huh i meant take it...if i wasnt such a stickler at correcting little mistakes like that all the time I would say get off my dick...but, ill give it to ya...you got me.

miller821
05-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
frosted mini wheats do though.

and i noticed best results taking creatine with grape juice..or something along those lines. Gatorade didnt seem to work as good.
Ya your supposed to take it with something that has natural sugars.. Such as Apple and Grape juice and stuff like that... Gatorade will work, but I would stick to Apple and Grape or something along those lines.

honduh440
05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400

actually thats about the best for you. if you want to gain the most muscle and strength you need to eat the right foods. Creatine is 100% mental. like previously said it just adds water muscle. You can lift and lfit all day for months but if you dont eat right its like walking up the down escalator.

Rdhanded2
05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
If you are taking ethyl ester you don't need the sugar to make the cells absorb it. Don't use monohydrate, use ethyl ester. If you are still using monohydrate, get some corn sugar, and take it with it. That will help you absorb it much better than just juice.

And to the people who say it does not work, or is psychological, or just adds water, you abviously have no idea what you are talking about so please stop. It does not take a genious to realize if something works or not. Especially if you actually work out. I am not talking about the guy who goes to the gym 3 times a month, then tells chicks he is a power lifter. I hate that people hear something about a product, then preach about it like they know first hand.... good or bad. Now, if you guys come out and say I took it, and it did not work, or it made ME gain water, then that is great, I love to hear other sides of things. Also, not everything works for everyone, so find what you like. And, I am promoting creatine ethyl ester, not monohydrate. Mono will make you gain some water. If any of you have questions, pm me and I will help you out the best I can. I have been lifting for 12 years, and know a thing or two. lol

yellow400ex05
05-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I have a question about Creatine, would it help someone that is really light and thin (80 pounds), no I"m not (Anorexic) help them to gain weight, and build some good muscle mass? I don't really work out right now, but I've noticed my arms have been kinda getting a little beefier from riding the quad rougher and taking alot of turns around tracks working out my arms, I don't plan on building extreme muscles or turning into a super buffed out kid, but I"m looking for muscles that are noticeable, and to gain more weight. What would be a good workout routine? like lift everyother day or every other two days, and then progress from that point on and go onto heavier weights?

I need some advice on someone thta already does this or has done this and is kinda like be a small skinny kid around 100 pounds or 115 pounds, what are your opinions on a workout routine and how was the feedback? PM me if you would like.
oh yeah and I'm 14 and in 8th grade and i plan on signing up for wretling again so thats part of the reason why i want to gain some weight and build up good muscle.:macho

400exrules
05-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
some advice on someone thta already does this or has done this and is kinda like be a small skinny kid around 100 pounds or 115 pounds, what are your opinions on a workout routine and how was the feedback? PM me if you would like.
oh yeah and I'm 14 and in 8th grade and i plan on signing up for wretling again so thats part of the reason why i want to gain some weight and build up good muscle.:macho

muscle helps in wrestling, but its more about endurance, if u dont have good endurance, you need to work on that 100% before you think about bulking up

wantablaster
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I need some advice on someone thta already does this or has done this and is kinda like be a small skinny kid around 100 pounds or 115 pounds, what are your opinions on a workout routine and how was the feedback? PM me if you would like.
oh yeah and I'm 14 and in 8th grade and i plan on signing up for wretling again so thats part of the reason why i want to gain some weight and build up good muscle.:macho [/B][/QUOTE]

Im 15 and about 120 pounds 5'3''and have been lifting the past 2 years but this year I started lifting in the weight room for football at school. Ive been taking eclipse chocolate flavored weigh protein drinks and they have helped and a gnc creatine monohydrate, but you really have to work at it taking this stuff isnt going to do much unless you really work at it. Our program we do legs back and biceps monday and thursday and then wendsday we dont go to the weight room but I do just arms at my house and on tuesday and and friday we do chest and arms. There are a lot of different variations that we do for everything.
The work really pays off for me but I am dedicated to it I am there everyday and always one of the last kids in the weight room, I am benching 145 at 5 sets of 5 I work my weigh up to that from a lower weight and squatting 225 at 5 sets of also working my weigh up, I do alot of other things to these are just some examples of what I do which is very good for my size. Also I do atleast 50 pushups everynight before bed.

Rdhanded2
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
[/B][/QUOTE] Im 15 and about 120 pounds 5'3''and have been lifting the past 2 years but this year I started lifting in the weight room for football at school. Ive been taking eclipse chocolate flavored weigh protein drinks and they have helped and a gnc creatine monohydrate, but you really have to work at it taking this stuff isnt going to do much unless you really work at it. Our program we do legs back and biceps monday and thursday and then wendsday we dont go to the weight room but I do just arms at my house and on tuesday and and friday we do chest and arms. There are a lot of different variations that we do for everything.
The work really pays off for me but I am dedicated to it I am there everyday and always one of the last kids in the weight room, I am benching 145 at 5 sets of 5 I work my weigh up to that from a lower weight and squatting 225 at 5 sets of also working my weigh up, I do alot of other things to these are just some examples of what I do which is very good for my size. Also I do atleast 50 pushups everynight before bed. [/B][/QUOTE]

The first thing I would do if I were you would be to change up my weight routine. As a wrestler, you need power. Do less reps, heavier weight. Also, get online and look up West technique. It is a powerlifting style routine that may help you gain size quicker. Squats and deadlits are 2 of he most important exercises you want to do if you wrestle.... hell, anything. They build your core strength, and help get the body pumping. Get a belt, and make sure you are not cheating on your squats. Your legs need to be parallel with the floor. If you are having problems, go with lighter weight, and put a box, or bench or something below you and go down until you touch it. That will help you ingrain the propper squat. Also, if you want to shock your bench, try the 50lbs in 50 days by Shaun Phillips.

Bench Overview (http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/mm2k/bench2text.htm)

Workout Sheet (http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/mm2k/wosheet.pdf)

Progression Table 1 (http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/mm2k/tab1.pdf)

Progression Table 2 (http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/mm2k/tab2.pdf)

This is a great routine for people starting out, or people who have hit a plateau. I do it every few months, and love it. Plus, it is not just a bench routine, it is full body. And, it takes the guess work out, and shows you what weight to use on a case by case basis.

Hondadudeehhhh
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I have a question about Creatine, would it help someone that is really light and thin (80 pounds), no I"m not (Anorexic) help them to gain weight, and build some good muscle mass? I don't really work out right now, but I've noticed my arms have been kinda getting a little beefier from riding the quad rougher and taking alot of turns around tracks working out my arms, I don't plan on building extreme muscles or turning into a super buffed out kid, but I"m looking for muscles that are noticeable, and to gain more weight. What would be a good workout routine? like lift everyother day or every other two days, and then progress from that point on and go onto heavier weights?

Riding your quad is not really a "work out" so you wont see noticeable results from it if you are taking creatine. You need to work out if you get on creatine. I would recomend taking creatine until you are a little older.

For now drink whey protein and do a couple curls, flies, and push ups. You'll notice differences off of that small of a work out. I recomend getting in a weight room though. You'd be suprised at the results you will get after 2 months without even taking any supplements.

yellow400ex05
05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Well After reading the replies I've decided to think aobut doing a little more working out without any supplements or anything, and i will do that for a month or so to see if i get any results and then i might start to try creatine. I just and to be set up for using it instead of randomly taking creatine and then working out.

I'm not just going to wreslte, its off season now and i'm considering going to this place to get some practice and experience, and become accustomed to wrestling again. The place has a gym, so i will be able to work out.

I'm just havng ideas of kinda building up a little more because I"m tired of being a small fry lol, and the more i think about it, I may not even use creatine if i get good results from the lifting, because I'm growing more right now and i can tell I'm getting bigger, and i just want my body to do what it has to do and then i may consider using a supplement for more energy and strenght.

I mean if you think about it i'm gonna need a little more muscle and just upper body strenght to throw someone off of me thats possibly 20-30 pounds heavier than me, since there aren't many people with my weight to wrestle.

miller821
05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Well After reading the replies I've decided to think aobut doing a little more working out without any supplements or anything, and i will do that for a month or so to see if i get any results and then i might start to try creatine. I just and to be set up for using it instead of randomly taking creatine and then working out.

I'm not just going to wreslte, its off season now and i'm considering going to this place to get some practice and experience, and become accustomed to wrestling again. The place has a gym, so i will be able to work out.

I'm just havng ideas of kinda building up a little more because I"m tired of being a small fry lol, and the more i think about it, I may not even use creatine if i get good results from the lifting, because I'm growing more right now and i can tell I'm getting bigger, and i just want my body to do what it has to do and then i may consider using a supplement for more energy and strenght.

I mean if you think about it i'm gonna need a little more muscle and just upper body strenght to throw someone off of me thats possibly 20-30 pounds heavier than me, since there aren't many people with my weight to wrestle.

If you are going to take Creatine I would start out with just a little amount, to see how your body reacts to it... Cause with your weight you never know, but I would take a little, and lift you know and just keep doing that and after a while you'll tell a difference.

MichaelS693
05-03-2006, 10:41 PM
screw this stuff.. take the real crap.. the injectables:eek: .. get on some Deca 250 and you'll gain 5-10 pounds of muscle a week... ok ok im just playing guys.. but Whinstraw worked wonders on me:D

j/k:macho