PDA

View Full Version : United 93

Joe400ex
05-01-2006, 04:22 PM
How many of u guys saw the movie United 93. I thought it was crazy. I dont know what i would've done in that plane.

05-01-2006, 04:24 PM
It's far too real for me to see for entertainment. I go to the movies for a good laugh.

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I haven't seen it yet , but I heard it's a pretty good movie . Maybe I'll take the girlfriend out tonight or tomorrow night for cheap night . LOL :p

MOFO
05-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
It's far too real for me to see for entertainment. I go to the movies for a good laugh.

Yep, I know what happened and do not to make someone elses pockets fatter to re-tell me the story.

Does anyone know if the money made from this movie will go to the family's of the people who lost their lives on that plane???

Atkins
05-01-2006, 04:45 PM
I dont have a problem with them making money off of the movie, as long as they re-tell the story accurately, and dont throw in any movie magic to add some stupid plot twist or more excitement. Sure, they are making money off of the incident, but at the same time I feel they are immortalizing the brave heros in that flight and bringing the story to the public(once again, as long as its 100% accurate), so for that I personally don't feel as if they're doing any wrong.

miller821
05-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I saw it on Sunday, but it was on A&E, so I don't know if thats the one thats in the theaters or not... The one I saw that was pretty good, and made me think of what I would of did if I was in that situation... It also made me realize how heroic they were, and I would recommend it to anyone ( If its the same one I saw) to go see it..

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 04:49 PM
The synopsis I read ...

Film Information:
Genre: Drama
Directed By: Paul Greengrass
Written By: Paul Greengrass
Producers: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Lloyd Levin
Executive Producers: Debra Hayward, Liza Chasin

Synopsis:
Acclaimed filmmaker Paul Greengrass (Bloody Sunday, The Bourne Supremacy) writes and directs an unflinching drama that tells the story of the passengers and crew, their families on the ground and the flight controllers who watched in dawning horror as United Airlines Flight 93 became the fourth hijacked plane on the day of the worst terrorist attacks on American soil: September 11, 2001.

United 93 recreates the doomed trip in actual time, from takeoff to hijacking to the realization by those onboard that their plane was part of a coordinated attack unfolding on the ground beneath them. The film attempts to understand the abject fear and courageous decisions of those who-over the course of just 90 minutes-transformed from a random assembly of disconnected strangers into bonded allies who confronted an unthinkable situation.

As 2006 marks the passing of five years since the epochal events of 9/11, the time has come for contemporary cinema's leading filmmakers to dramatically investigate the events of that day, its causes and its consequences, and the everyday individuals whose fates were forever altered while simply going about their common workday rituals.

Greengrass, known for films such as Resurrected and Bloody Sunday, brings to United 93 a history of compassionate filmmaking that has explored some of the most troubled incidents of recent world history-when politics turns to violence, when beliefs slip into zealotry. As there is no perfect record of the hijacking's exact details and hostage retaliation, Greengrass takes a careful hand and partially improvises the events with an ensemble cast of unknown actors who were given studies of their United 93 counterparts.

United 93 intends to dignify the memory of those on that flight, the men and women whose sacrifice remains one of the most heroic legacies of the incomprehensible tragedies that unfolded on that autumn morning.

Hondadudeehhhh
05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Yep, I know what happened and do not to make someone elses pockets fatter to re-tell me the story.

Does anyone know if the money made from this movie will go to the family's of the people who lost their lives on that plane???

i can understand where you are coming from. But have you ever watched Pearl Harbor? Saving Private Ryan? We were soldiers? By purchasing/renting those movies its doing the same thing. I feel it would be good to see how they think things went down on the plane. From what i saw the families were very happy to see the movie be made and have their lost one's story be told.

Tommy 17
05-01-2006, 05:19 PM
to bad its not the real story and the plane was really shot down...

Atkins
05-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
to bad its not the real story and the plane was really shot down...

hahaha, i think so too, but with MOFOs in this thread, i know if i said that i'd be flamed til the bitter end. Plus it wouldve been off topic.

Tommy 17
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
hahaha, i think so too, but with MOFOs in this thread, i know if i said that i'd be flamed til the bitter end. Plus it wouldve been off topic.

I know so...

#1 if u saw where it crashed u'd know they shot it down there for a reason...
#2 my cousin is the state cop of that area and when he 1st got to the scene they said they shot it down then the story was changed 10 mins after...
#3 my friend lives a mile from the crash... his dad watched them do it... he said the plane was on fire before it ever touched the ground...
#4 there was parts of the plane in yards before the crash site... the only way to get there was to fall off the plane while it was in the air...

thats just a few of the many things...

ak_stick
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah, except that ALL of the alert fighters at Langley AFB were on the ground when the aircraft hit the ground.....

She wasn't shot down. She was crashed into the ground. You might like to think that the Gov't is out to get everyone, but this was faaaar too big to be a consipracy, the gov't has a horrible habit of not being able to keep secrets, you think they could keep the murder of several thousand people secret, yet couldn't keep white water?

Tommy 17
05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
it was shot down... think what u want... if u think the gov don't lie to us ur in for a big surprise someday...

05-01-2006, 07:38 PM
maybe they shot it down because it was doomed anyways and they saved countless others lives by taking it out before it got to the city?

ak_stick
05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
haha, yeah, I'm in for a supprise....

dude, think about it, when has the gov't ever been able to hide anything? Look at all the scandals and press leaks, and military secrets they loose. Do you think another country would hesistate to show the world what our gov't did if they could prove that? That'd be WAY worse than conspiracy no one could prove.

THAT is why I dont think it was shot down, well that and the reports that all of the alert fighters were on the ramp when the plane went down.

but I know I've already lost this, you've seen the proof you know first hand that it happened, but like 99.9% of conspiracys., you cant prove anything.......

The problem is this is just too damn big, for the gov't to keep it a secret. And too many people lost thier lives. You want to live in a cloud? whatever helps ya sleep at night, yes, the gov't realy is out to get you, and those black helicopters are right around the corner.

400exrules
05-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by ak_stick

dude, think about it, when has the gov't ever been able to hide anything? Look at all the scandals and press leaks, and military secrets they loose. Do you think another country would hesistate to show the world what our gov't did if they could prove that? That'd be WAY worse than conspiracy no one could prove.

THAT is why I dont think it was shot down, well that and the reports that all of the alert fighters were on the ramp when the plane went down.

but I know I've already lost this, you've seen the proof you know first hand that it happened, but like 99.9% of conspiracys., you cant prove anything.......

The problem is this is just too damn big, for the gov't to keep it a secret. And too many people lost thier lives. You want to live in a cloud? whatever helps ya sleep at night, yes, the gov't realy is out to get you, and those black helicopters are right around the corner.

dude, the government hides so much from us its not even funny......most of it is probably for the better, but not all of it.

why does everyone get so brainwashed and believe everything that they see on the news, or that the government wants them to believe. some people need to start thinking outside the box

ak_stick
05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
why do some people have to be so paranoid they're convinced that nothing could ever be simple?

Try this, can you find ANY facts? that go towards proving that aircraft was shot down? I'm guessing no. I dont want any, my cousin was the first guy on the scene but I cant prove it, other than word of mouth, I'd be willing to bet that you cant find a single fact.

But you'll probably just blow me off, because when faced with facts, all these arguments fall apart. Me thinks you've been watching too many M.Moore flicks.

400exrules
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
im not paranoid i just dont trust everything i hear on the news 100% the second i hear it

Hondadudeehhhh
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ak_stick

i dont think Tommy is trying to say this was a planned thing. I think he is just saying it was shot down to protect the White House. Which happened to take 40some lives, rather than hundreds.

ak_stick
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I understand that. I dont buy it. There is no proof, however, there is proof that all the alert birds from Langley AFB Virgina were on the ground when the supposed "shoot down" happened. So how did it happen then? Some miracle fighters?

We very nearly shot down a plane in alaska soon after, infact he had F-15's with missles off his wings, and it made huge news.

You think a shoot down wouldn't have?

Once again, the whole no proof vs proof argument. Plus, again lots of people involved, I find it funny that no one has said anything.

SGA
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
maybe they shot it down because it was doomed anyways and they saved countless others lives by taking it out before it got to the city?

I suppose its possible it was shot down by us. We already had other hijacked planes hit important buildings and people were calling from plane 93 saying they were hijacked.
They ( the military) knew it was heading for the white house or capital building.
Of course they would shoot a plane down if they could stop it from crashing into the white house or the house of congress.
Maybe they did, maybe they didnt.

Worrying or arguing will not change what happened. I'm not loosing sleep over supposed conspiracys and im not going to loose sleep over this either.
I do however feel sadness for the people on the plane and thier familys.

Punk'd
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Im 50/50 on it being shot down or not, but the real question is..

Would the Military sit back and wait to see where the plane would crash or would they shoot it down?

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I suppose its possible it was shot down by us. We already had other hijacked planes hit important buildings and people were calling from plane 93 saying they were hijacked.
They ( the military) knew it was heading for the white house or capital building.
Of course they would shoot a plane down if they could stop it from crashing into the white house or the house of congress.
Maybe they did, maybe they didnt.

Worrying or arguing will not change what happened. I'm not loosing sleep over supposed conspiracys and im not going to loose sleep over this either.
I do however feel sadness for the people on the plane and thier familys.

^^^ I'm with this goof !!!:p

So when are we ever going to find out who really killed JFK ?? I think soon enough , some old guy that was part of the CIA and who's on his last legs will spill the beans about who pulled the triggers . Everyone knows the CIA did it ..... but no one knows who exactly pulled the triggers . :ermm:

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Im 50/50 on it being shot down or not, but the real question is..

Would the Military sit back and wait to see where the plane would crash or would they shoot it down?

2 planes hitting the Twin Towers , another crashing into the Pentagon .... I'm guessing they didn't want to know where it was going to crash ... they just wanted it down ASAP .

400exrules
05-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
^^^ I'm with this goof !!!:p

So when are we ever going to find out who really killed JFK ?? I think soon enough , some old guy that was part of the CIA and who's on his last legs will spill the beans about who pulled the triggers . Everyone knows the CIA did it ..... but no one knows who exactly pulled the triggers . :ermm:

actually, the files on JFK will be released sometime within our lifetime, they were locked away on a 75year thing, so that no one could open them to expose the truth, but we will know soon when they are opened

Punk'd
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
2 planes hitting the Twin Towers , another crashing into the Pentagon .... I'm guessing they didn't want to know where it was going to crash ... they just wanted it down ASAP .

Exactly what im thinking

Quad18star
05-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
actually, the files on JFK will be released sometime within our lifetime, they were locked away on a 75year thing, so that no one could open them to expose the truth, but we will know soon when they are opened

Yeah I heard that too . I guess the reason for it , is so that anyone implicated in it , would probably be too old to go to jail or would be dead by then .

Governments have more cover-ups than we think . Doesn't matter which government it is .... theres always someone , somewhere either trying to get money , trying to gain power , or trying to stop a political movement . I know we're getting off topic , but who else thinks that the government had something to do with the death of Jimmy Hendrix ?? He could have led a political movement .... he was opening up peoples views towards the government through his music . At the time he had a big influence over people .... I believe the government put an end to it and used his addiction to drugs as a cover-up . But who knows !!!

Back on topic .... I can't wait to see the movie .... I watched the preview again tonight and it looks like it's a good one .

miller821
05-01-2006, 10:00 PM
So is this movie the same one I saw on A&E or not? Cause they kinda look the same, but I haven't seen any ads since I watched it...

But i'm 50/50 to... They could of shot it down, or the people aboard coulda made the ultimate sacrifice of taking thereselves down... In the movie, they take thereselves down, but the fighter jets are watching them the whole time, not far behind.. Will we ever know for sure?:confused:

Chino
05-01-2006, 10:04 PM
no one seemed to mention yet that the man that tried to save the plane was a GAY male. we did alot about this in one of my college classes the other day and it was debated on whether or not the man should have been classified as being a hereo or a gay hereo.

Joe400ex
05-01-2006, 10:47 PM
the one on A&E is not the real one, i heard.

gtownfiddys
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I guess i must give my 2 cents. Look if you think this thing was shot down you're blind! You think the government could change the "BLACK BOX" recording found on site that was played for the 811 commission a couple weeks ago that had voices on it saying "The people are coming through the door" and you could hear beating and pounding on the door then the hijacker says " lets take it down" now that's not word for word or anything but it did say that. Then you have family members that got phone calls from there loved ones saying we are trying to take over the plane. You think the government made all them lie about that? Finally you have people that would have SEEN a fighter jet shoot down a plane. SURELY somebody would have said something about that. There is no way! Now i'm not mouthing anybody who thinks differently about this b/c we are all entitled to are own opinions. YES the government hides LOTS of things from us. YES the news and media LIE and make things look different then they really are. But NO they couldn't have covered up something this big that changed america forever! My grandpa tells me about all this stuff too. He thinks there was bombs in the twin towers and that planes never it them and blah blah blah. DO SOME RESEARCH PEOPLE!

DieselBoy
05-01-2006, 11:58 PM
YES the news and media LIE and make things look different then they really are. But NO they couldn't have covered up something this big that changed america forever! My grandpa tells me about all this stuff too. He thinks there was bombs in the twin towers and that planes never it them and blah blah blah. DO SOME RESEARCH PEOPLE!

Actually, I think you would be surprised what the government is capable of, it just might blow your nuts away. Making this movie was stupid, and its like digging up a dead body, you just don't do that.

There's alot of research out there pointing it to be a conspiracy, after that video I watched about the conspiracy I saw this whole thing from a totally different view.

All I ask is don't assume the government is honest, they are FAR from honest, and there's ALOT we will never know. Like someone said earlier, it's probably best that we don't know.

gtownfiddys
05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
Actually, I think you would be surprised what the government is capable of, it just might blow your nuts away. Making this movie was stupid, and its like digging up a dead body, you just don't do that.

There's alot of research out there pointing it to be a conspiracy, after that video I watched about the conspiracy I saw this whole thing from a totally different view.

All I ask is don't assume the government is honest, they are FAR from honest, and there's ALOT we will never know. Like someone said earlier, it's probably best that we don't know.

I agree with some of that. But this movie is just history. That's all it is. It's telling the story of something that happened in the past. And many of the people who lost loved ones that day see it as the same way... I KNOW The government is far from honest. I never said they were! But i don't think that they could have covered something this big up. It would have leaked out. Look at the war. At first a lot of people thought Iraq had WOMD...but now we all know that didn't!! Bush sux! And the whole conspiracy thing is just like the government. Somebody came up with an ideal that could have happened that day and the out come came out just like it really did. The plane crashed. But the majority of that conspiracy stuff is BS. Don't get me wrong I'll watch it, I am open minded to some of that stuff. They whole 911 thing is very sad and i wish people wouldn't try to figure out what REALLY happened b/c that's not the point of it all. People lost their lives. But yes the government, media, new, are all crooked everyone knows that. For example I am and EMT and a Fireman. At me EMT job we discussed how firefighters got all the attention at 911. There was EMT, Paramedics, and policeman that died too! you don't see NYEMS shirt everywhere do you? You know why they have all those shirts? The government, new, media all praised the fireman! Life is to great to argue about what really happened. God Bless all the people who lost there lives and I pray nothing like that ever happens again but i know it will. This world is full of evil people!

popo
05-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by gtownfiddys
You think the government could change the "BLACK BOX" recording found on site that was played for the 811 commission a couple weeks ago that had voices on it saying DO SOME RESEARCH PEOPLE!

Um! my RESEARCH found 911 commission.

gtownfiddys
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
oh come on now....typo this typo that!

Tommy 17
05-02-2006, 01:35 PM
think what yinz what... i honestly don't care... i'm not even gonna try to argue with ya because its a waste of time.. i know what i know and no matter what i say ur not gonna listen...

if u don't think the gov lies to u... changes information and makes up stories then i feel sorry for u... i really do...:o

400exrules
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by gtownfiddys
I guess i must give my 2 cents. Look if you think this thing was shot down you're blind! You think the government could change the "BLACK BOX" recording found on site that was played for the 811 commission a couple weeks ago that had voices on it saying "The people are coming through the door" and you could hear beating and pounding on the door then the hijacker says " lets take it down" now that's not word for word or anything but it did say that. Then you have family members that got phone calls from there loved ones saying we are trying to take over the plane. You think the government made all them lie about that? Finally you have people that would have SEEN a fighter jet shoot down a plane. SURELY somebody would have said something about that. There is no way! Now i'm not mouthing anybody who thinks differently about this b/c we are all entitled to are own opinions. YES the government hides LOTS of things from us. YES the news and media LIE and make things look different then they really are. But NO they couldn't have covered up something this big that changed america forever! My grandpa tells me about all this stuff too. He thinks there was bombs in the twin towers and that planes never it them and blah blah blah. DO SOME RESEARCH PEOPLE!

first off, the terrorists dont speak freakin english....and if they did, its poor english and they wouldnt choose to use english when talking to each other:huh ....2nd off....no one said the plane wasnt hi-jacked, they are arguing whether or not it was shot down, or the passengers attacked and forced it down. your the one that needs to do the research

LTandRaptorider
05-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by popo
Um! my RESEARCH found 911 commission.

And my research showed that it's accept, not except... :eek: :blah: Ok, going back to my quad's zone... :p :devil:

Joe400ex
05-02-2006, 04:58 PM
ya i dont know if i would of maid a movie of it. That is bad for the familys that had family on the plane.

dsmlover
05-02-2006, 06:35 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848&q=911&pl=true
its more than an hour long but its intresting

gtownfiddys
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Aight if it makes you guys feel good about yourself by picking my typing that's apart fine. And no SH$T they don't speak english. It was already translated to english. Think what you guys want. If you look at my first post. I said I guess i'll put my two cents in. You don't have to believe it!

DieselBoy
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by dsmlover
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848&q=911&pl=true
its more than an hour long but its intresting

Watch this.. it's pretty good.