PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem

quallerd
05-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Looking at purchasing a walsh steering stem for an 04 450. Does anybody have any pics? I thought I read on here that it has adjustments for bump steer. Is this correct?

I was also looking at either a Lone Star or the Roll Designs. I like that the Lone Star has the brackets for the on/off switch and the Roll Designs just looks real good.

I think that the overall concensus on here is that it doesn't really matter which one you buy because they are all about the same and all overpriced. But I am looking for the best +1 stem that is out there (I hate buying stuff twice)!

Any suggestions? BTW, sooner or later I want to get the ARS-FX front end, so was also considering getting the ARS-FX steering stem to match.

Thanks. I'm going to be mounting Fasstco Flexx bars (ATV bend) and a Precision steering dampener (for a stock diameter steering stem) on the stem, so I guess that too is a consideration.

Thanks for any help.

450Rchaser
05-02-2006, 06:40 AM
My brother in law has an '05 450R. He's got a houser stem. It is well worth the money. It went thru a wicked tumble down a hill and survived in perfect condition. I would suggest gettin some good bars. Tag Metal makes excellent bars.

440_Turtle
05-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I dont know if id waste my money on an aftermarket one, I HAD a Houser on my ex and after one spill it was bent, not bad but enough thta it had to be thrown away, kinda hard throwing away a 400 part!! so im running a stocker and will buy another stocker when i bend this one.

Honda#4
05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
i have the roll design stem and i love it,works great never had a problem with it yet.

400exstud
05-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I've got the Houser one but haven't had to do that major test yet (knock on wood).

I am confident that I could joust a mid-size sedan with it though.

NacsMXer
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 440_Turtle
I dont know if id waste my money on an aftermarket one, I HAD a Houser on my ex and after one spill it was bent, not bad but enough thta it had to be thrown away, kinda hard throwing away a 400 part!! so im running a stocker and will buy another stocker when i bend this one.

I have always considered getting an aftermarket stem but didn't for that reason. I use stock stems as well. At 40 dollars from service honda they are almost disposable in comparison to 400. I am sure the aftermarket stems are nice though, it really depends on the type of crash if it will bend.