PDA

View Full Version : I need a New Clutch

Sparks425Ex
08-04-2002, 06:19 PM
I am in need of a new clutch. I don't wanna spend 400 bucks on a Hison(However it would be nice). What is a really good clutch to get for my 400Ex. I need somthing that will last and take abuse. I ride very hard and I race even harder.

What are some good Clutchs?

How Much for it?

How hard to install?

Claas900
08-04-2002, 06:57 PM
well I just went threw this..lol..but I blew my basket also,but one of the best set ups it all stock parks,Honda...but you can inprove yours with a 8 fiber and 7 steel set up from Sparks,This is what i have so far its help up very well,when i called Sparks they said this is the same one the there 505ex alke..he said its held up very well,but ones i got it I think it was just a 250r fibers, 8 of them and then 300ex steals 7 of them,they use theres cuzz there thiner,so that way you can fit 8 fibers a 7 steals in a stock basket,but Sparks also sells heavy dudty springs,but i think you can buy them seperat??But yeah i think the cheep's way to go is all stock and still hold up good,and for a little more just get 250r fibers 8 of them and 7 300ex steal,with Sparks H/D springs..Hope this helps sorry for it being so long..Thanks

JhallettEX
08-04-2002, 07:24 PM
Dido, I had a Barnett in my 416 and it only lasted about a month. I just put a Sparks 8 Plate set-up in last week. So far I am very happy with it. C&D Racing is now a Sparks dealer check with them to see if you can get a better price than Sparks directly, there number is in my sig.

Claas900
08-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Hey JhallettEX I know c&d were going to try to be a dealer? but i never know if it happend or not,but i guess it did.Dusty was telling me that they wanted to get some Sparks x6 pipes,did they every get them? and if so how much?I havent talked to Dusty in a wile,but shes a lot of fun to talk to,very cool..Thanks

JhallettEX
08-04-2002, 07:47 PM
Ya they are alot of fun. They got two x-6's in I think, one went on my quad and the other on Colby's. They came down here were I live last week put my new clutch in for me and then we went riding for the day. If you are thinkin about it give them a call, the pipes are awesome, just ask Colby what it has done for his bike.

Claas900
08-04-2002, 08:02 PM
JhallettEX yeah i know there a kick butt pipe,iv seen it frist hand a # of times,like i said here in Ca. at Pismo they rull,everbody and there dog has one,but I was old back east the Gt runs the show over there,but thats just word or mouth.i was kinds wanting something differnt but if its the best its the best,but i did post a ? just a few mins ago asking ppl what they knew about Gt's pipe.But yeah Thanks

Sparky416ex
08-05-2002, 09:54 AM
I have a works connection on my 416....i havent found a clutch thats better....and i have a hinson 8 disc basket....that reminds me i didnt put that in my sig