PDA

View Full Version : Skid plate options

Vx2
05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
I just got a new 400EX and the first thing that I am planning on is some protection for the underside. I am considering chassis armor, swing-arm armor, and fat peg nerf bars, all from Pro Armor. Being new to quads, I am not familiar with all of the after market brands yet. Is Pro Armor a good brand to go with?

Next mod after this will be a pipe. But there are way to many options to consider. So for now, I'm going to get the underside protected, then start researching the pipes.

Thanks,

Vince

stupid driver
05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
yes, Pro armor is a very well made and respectable brand. I have a Pro Armor underbody Skid plate, and i have been very happy with the results. It is simple to install, looks great, and holds up extremely well to abuse. I would reccomend this pipe.

Vx2
05-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks. Will any of the parts require drilling? Or are there factory holes that chassis armor, swing-arm armor, and nerfs will connect to?

underpowered
05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
no drilling requires, the pro armour stuff should bolt right up to your factory mounts.

04TRX400EX
05-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Pro Armor apparently makes good protection parts, but the general consensus is that PRM makes the best and strongest skidplates. I would check them out too cause they shouldn't be much more expensive (if at all) and will probably hold up better.

exboomer
05-01-2006, 07:29 PM
PRM .250" swing arm skid plate, you won't go wrong. Wise choice on the quad. Good luck.

stupid driver
05-02-2006, 09:13 AM
whoops, i was under the impression that i had a pro armor skidplate. i checked it last night, and its a PRM. Sorry about the mix up. I guess that everything that i said above is about the PRM, so i would reccomend that. Its held up to quite a bit of abuse and hasnt budged. Check pricing out, and if the PRM is about the same price as the pro armor, id get it. I bet C&D racing would be able to help ya out