PDA

View Full Version : starting problem with my raptor

tater_kamik
04-30-2006, 11:04 PM
i have been having problems with starting my raptor for about a month now. here is what is happening: it has been hard to start for some time, i replaced the stator and that fixed one problem. now, i try to start it, and either the relay buzzes, the motor turns over for a second then stops ( nuetral light is still dim and battery has avoltage crop) or the nuetral light just dims and the battery gets a voltage drop. so... i replaced the starter, and the starter relay and it starts perfectly! i noticed the insulation going from the positive side of the battery to the relay has melted... after about 5 starts, same thing happens! it wont turn over, gets the voltage drop and the nuetral light dimming, or the relay buzzing. okay, so i replaced all of the wiring going from the battery to the relay, and from the starter to the relay, and from the battery to the starter, as well as another new relay, but with the same problem. now, im looking at another starter being bad, but does anyone have a different idea? i also used my truck and some jumper cables to try and jump my quad but it does the exact same thing, which makes me believe i need another new starter and or starter relay. any suggestions?