PDA

View Full Version : parents?

jeremy_283
04-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Do you have parents that wont let you race cause they say its to dangerous? (16 and under)

300ex_#387
04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
At first my parents werent really into it, but after they went to my first race they started getting into it. Now they love to go and watch me race. Its hard to race without parent support....ecspecially when your under 16....

04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
no my mom doesnt like me katwalkin down the road in 5th gear with no helmet on though

Stevie-D
05-01-2006, 05:10 AM
no my mom doesnt like me katwalkin down the road in 5th gear with no helmet on though

can't imagine why:huh

05-01-2006, 07:24 AM
my mom is just likewhy do you want to race? im 16. my moms boy friend wont let his truck be used to hall the quad to the races so i would have know way to get it their.

hondarider2006
05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I didn't see the 16 and under, but when I was 16 my parents alowed me to race.

Velocity Girl
05-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Basically they're parents and they're scared for our well being. They don't want to see us hurt, and they sure don't want to be the one that put us in that situation. It's a double edge sword for many I think.

When I started downhill mountain biking at the age of 25 it took my mom about 3-4 years until she would come watch me race and truly accept what I did. I still have to call her every weekend after I ride, and after every race, to tell her myself and the hubby are ok. Had a been younger and been at home I think eventually I might have convinced her, but you have to prove that you're responsible. Tell her about all the safety gear, etc. Demostrate that you always wear your safety gear, etc. And the one I always use is that I probably have more of a chance getting hurt in a car accident :blah:

Good luck!

theTman
05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
my mom will let me....she is just a worry ward

Hondadudeehhhh
05-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x

wow your mom must be a huge b!tch huh?

exrider008
05-01-2006, 05:19 PM
my mom says that i can but my dad wont let me :grr: :mad:

DieselBoy
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
can't imagine why:huh

LMFAO!!!

jeremy_283
05-01-2006, 08:45 PM
My mother doesnt care to listen.......... :( ........... wish she could read this ......................... it just pisses me off ......... she prolly pictures people blood thirsty to be in first and they do not care about other riders well being..... and will run over them not caring wat happens........ but crap i dont know.......... maybe its called ignorance?

jeremy_283
05-01-2006, 08:48 PM
its true

400exrules
05-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
most women just dont understand............ never quit what u love doing for a woman either ........... live by that

aint that the truth

redlineranger
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
my mom is wishy washy on the racing subject. she's never been out to the motocross track here(thankfully, there's a nasty wreck every weekend). she bags on it sometimes and says its a waste of money and to dangerous. but then other times, she'd be like yea if you'd be extremely careful then ok.

but my dad comes to almost every race, and every race some one gets hauled out in the ambulance(and a few wrecks that he's seen, that person will never be able to race again)... so thats what worry's him..... but i started talking to him the other day about it, and was telling him how they set up a beginner quad class. and he said how many race it, and i said 3 other people.... and i know them very well, and they give everyone plenty of room and ride clean. he said well if im out there i'll let you do it. and i said well when you win like 2 race's they make you move up a class(our track's serious about sandbagging, or w/e you wanna call it) and that'd put me in the amateur class with like 12 other 4wheelers... so we'll see about that if i win 2 races