PDA

View Full Version : Reliability?

matthoyda
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Are Predators reliable? i talked to a dealership and they told me they were, but they will tell you everything you want to hear. and if they arent what are normally the things that wear out first???

waloud
04-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I have an 05 Troy Lee, had for a year this month. No problems. Great bike to ride. I looked at the others in the 400-600cc range, I couldn't beat the price with all the extra's it already came with.

calds650
05-01-2006, 07:57 AM
04 and above yes

scramblerracer
05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
The predators are great, very reliable. If you are racing there are a few things that wear faster than normal. The PRO steering links- $40 a piece and you need 2. Most guys I know that race harescrambles on preddys are getting 1 season at most. Tie rod ends. $22 each- You need 4. Same time frame. Steering stems bend with the first tree contact( I'm talking 1 tire into tree at 20 mph or faster) The holes in the steering stem that the PRO links mount thru will wear very fast. You can weld in holes and redrill but it is a pain. Tie rods don't bend like the other quads. Axels don't bend like the other quads. These are the common problem areas that I see with the preddys that I race with. I love my Predator- I hate the PRO steering.

smokinwrench
05-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I have not had any problems with my 05 predator.

I wonder if aperson could pull the rubber boots off the tie rod ends and shoot grease in them to prolong life. I race harescrambles and hate to buy that many parts.

Mitch_McComb
05-02-2006, 07:59 AM
I haven't had any problems with my 03' preddy.
I ran Hare Scrambles last year and only bent a steering stem =-)

Other than that my pred's been flawless.
I did blow the motor, but that was after I started digging into it with modifications.