PDA

View Full Version : suspension help

400exrules
04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
i ride alot of tight, technical trails, and my stock suspension is beatin the crap out of me. i need to get some new front suspension. while im at it should i get a new rear shock or get it revalved? But i will need to keep stock width a-arms because the stuff i ride is extremely tight, but what is a good brand suspension for tough trails and harescrambles and some small jumps? i dont MX but i might hit up an mx track sometime, so i dont jump alot. But what is a good suspension for me, thats not extremely expensive?

Honda TRX250ex
04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Get some elkas with rezzy and id get your rear shock revavled.
Call them up and talk to them about it. Id also go with some burgard a-arms if its in your buget.

04TRX400EX
05-01-2006, 01:22 AM
I would say go with some Rec Series Elka's. They are a triple-rate shock, valved for your weight and riding type of course, and only cost about $450. They are supposed to work great with stock a-arms and be a huge improvement over stock. They are available with or without reservoirs ... get the rezzies if you ride for long periods of time and/or if you experience shock fade, otherwise save the money since the rezzie version cost like $750. As for the rear, send it to C&D Racing (site sponsor) and get it revalved and rebuilt and converted to a dual-rate using Elka springs. That is exactly what I am doing tomorrow :macho :D I can't wait to move the suspension components out of my wish list and into my current mods !!:cool: