PDA

View Full Version : same Q, same Q, probably 100th time

ZQ8Dude
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
what bike? lol.

I think i asked awhile ago, but decided against a new quad because i wanted as few bills as possible while i got a new job(just incase)

Anyways things are settle and now im got a ton of cash to blow on a new quad.

Im down to a TLD pred., Outlaw, and a 450r

would go YFZ, but no one around here will deal, except for one and they cant accept trades.

Was dead set on an LTR, but 8k for a bike that will rip its shock mounts off is uhm.... :huh :huh

No plans to race aside from out on some open flats where i ride.

Opinions? how much should i pay OTD for each?

One local dealer quoted me 8k on a regular pred....obviously smoking some amazing crack.

Scro
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Of those three, I would choose the 450r. But it's really up to you. Go ride all three of them and see which one fits you best, that's the only way you will know.

Danlwil
04-30-2006, 09:18 PM
I've been seriously looking at the Outlaw....

check out www.predatorowners.com

If you're interested in a Preddy or Outlaw.... you get pretty straight (IMHO) answers from the quys who ride them, break them and fix them.

GL

You'll love the sport no matter which quad you choose!

polaris bob
05-01-2006, 03:56 AM
Give the readers some more info on just how you will be using the bike, how you REALLY ride, what size you are, where you live, what mods you hope to do to the bike, ect, ect and we can maybe help you make a decision!

But in the end, the bike has to fit you and the way you ride to make you happy!

Of the three bike you have listed, all have their strong points and they also all have their weak points!

With a little more info we can help you out!

ZQ8Dude
05-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by polaris bob
Give the readers some more info on just how you will be using the bike, how you REALLY ride, what size you are, where you live, what mods you hope to do to the bike, ect, ect and we can maybe help you make a decision!

But in the end, the bike has to fit you and the way you ride to make you happy!

Of the three bike you have listed, all have their strong points and they also all have their weak points!

With a little more info we can help you out!

well Its hard to describe my riding area. its not really woods. Kinda like an open space with trails, hills, and a little sand and virtually no trees.

currently riding a piped 400ex that works well for everything except its kinda low on power and it doesnt do the practice MX track very well.

As for mods gonna start with just basics. pipe, filter, cam, etc. until the motor gives up the ghost. then go from there with engine work.

Looking for something really really quick, that'll handle hitting trails really quick and the occasional run in the practice MX track. no racing

polaris bob
05-01-2006, 02:26 PM
How old are you? How big are you? What kind of budget are you working with? Do you want the bike to have reverse? How about electric start?

The TLD is a proven quad that has been on the market for a few years now and has had most of the bugs worked out from the factory. It has good power stock, but keep in mind the it does have the 'close ratio" transmission, which will hurt your top speed in 5th gear if you large wide open area to ride in. If you ride in the tight and twisty you will be happy with it.

The outlaw is a new for this year quad and is having a few teething issues from what I have read over on pred- owners-dot-com. The power is similar to the TLD, but it is a few pounds heaver than the TLD.

The Honda is a mostly new quad this year and it is also having a few issues. The ones I have read about revolve around the starter, wiring, and the frame cracking or welds popping.

In pure stock form And by that I mean right off the show room floor, the two polaris quads will kick the Honda's butt all over the trail. BUT, put a few mods into the Honda and you will wake it up! The same is true with the Preddy and the Outlaw though!

If you are going to be doing a lot of modding to your bike, keep in mind that most parts for the Polaris quads run about twice as much than any other quad on the market and a lot of stuff is rather hard to find. the aftermarket has been slow to ramp up with many aftermarket bolt on stuff! There is some stuff out there, but there are 10 times more company's making stuff for the Honda than there is for the Polaris quads.

The last big difference between the two brands is size and weight, the Honda is a smaller, lighter quad, period!

If you are on the tall or big size, you might be happier on the Polaris than the Honda, I know that I am!!

Hope this helps a little, PB

preddymoto
05-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm 21 years old and do all types of riding. to the extremes at that. i love my pred. i think it is very comfortable and very well powered. I am not short but not tall but i feel very big on a 450r. in my book they are outdated. sustension and ergonomics wise. i walked ou the door with my pred for just under 6,500.00. i also saw a 05 for 5500.00 at my dealer. it was a special. i'd shop around. i'd also wait on the outlaw because of it being new. let other people find the problems.

wolffie
05-05-2006, 06:04 PM
i think alot of good stuff has been said already. IMO, i would go 700 raptor all the way! it has almost the same power as the 450's (Dirt Wheels says anyways...) and has reverse and EFI. rather than that, if reverse isnt an issue, i would get one of the 450's. try all of these machines and go from there.