PDA

View Full Version : My Meszaro Motorsports axle nut keeps coming loose!!!

RdingManiac420
08-04-2002, 04:25 PM
I just got my new axle nut and it looks great and installs easily. I put it to the test with a 2 day rally and after about only 5 hours of straight riding the nut had loosend about 3 turns. The two bolts in the nut where still tight but the nut just wont stop turning. Anybody that can give me a tip will me well apreciated.

Rastus
08-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Ge it as tight as you can get it, and put lock-tite on it.

Quadfather
08-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Mine kept coming loose too. I tightened it down as much as I could, and torqued the snot out of the allen set screws, and it still comes loose.

I called them, and all the guy could say was, "that's not supposed to happen." He then told me that the owner was on the other line, and would get right back to me. That was two weeks ago. He must still be on the phone.

08-04-2002, 08:39 PM
i have one and its great id recomend it to any one.......the metal is really soft though...so you may have stripped the nut out mine hasnt come lose yet

RideRed400StYlE
08-04-2002, 08:45 PM
well, I have one, and mine didnt come loose yet.. my threads are "boogered" up tho, so when you clamp it down they kinda dig right into the soft aluminum lol.. so it is like a super lock on there. but if you tighten those allens down evenly there should be no reason for it to ever come loose, unless your axle isnt pushed through all the way, I had to get a tie down, and put it around my swingarm and hub and ratchet it a couple clicks to make sure the axle was tight, then when you let off it will actually push the nut against the lockring even tigher makeing it really lock in place.. you dont have grease or anything on your threads, right?? like are they clean and dry

RdingManiac420
08-05-2002, 03:45 PM
Both my treads and my axle nut are brand new. I think that may be the problem. Maybe ther new threads dont give the nut anything to grab on. I will try some blue lock tite, hopefully that will help.

harebounder
08-05-2002, 03:54 PM
I just ordered one hopefully i don't have that problem. I had a rad lock on my banshee that came lose until i lock tighted the allen screw bolt also. So thats what i plan on doing with this one. Keep me posted if it comes lose again i'll send it back.