PDA

View Full Version : HO stators??

Blue250X
04-30-2006, 03:04 PM
i am about to buy a HO stator from ricky stator and im wondering if it will work for just a stock 250X...this is actually a dumb question, but my dad wanted me to ask, i am pretty sure it will work, he thinks it might mess sumpin up

Blue250X
04-30-2006, 07:31 PM
anyone?? its not really a big problem, but im just wondering

tater_kamik
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
usually you only get a high output stator when you get higher output lights, but putting one on a stock quad isnt a problem

tazman7
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I asked Ricky Stator that same question and if I remember right he told me the 200w stator will only make your light brighter....and if you dont ride at night- who cares

JOEX
04-30-2006, 09:33 PM
What I understand....

A higher output stator will allow you to run higher wattage lights or other accessories. I don't know about the 250x but the stock stator on the 400ex is pretty much tapped out in the stock form. Using higher wattage lights will eventually wearout the stator, it wont burn up immediately but over time it will wear out.

Also with a higher output stator at idle the lights will actually be dimmer at idle and/or low rpm, it needs higher rpm's to produce the rated output.

Again, this just what I understand from info gathered through the forums over the years. If anything is incorrect please post:)

wilkin250r
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Joe is pretty much dead-on. ^^^

It won't make your stock lights any "brighter". A higher-output stator allows you to run higher wattage lights. Higher wattage pulls more current, and they will overheat the stock stator. But alone, a higher output stator will not make the stock lights any brighter, that's just not the way electricity works.

Like Joe said, a higher-output stator makes the lights dim at idle. I can explain more, but it gets pretty technical, and if you don't know electricity and ohms law, you won't understand it.

The stator is one of the few things that cannot swap between the 250X and 300EX.