PDA

View Full Version : itp gncc tire

dan46
04-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new itp gncc tire yet? I am thinking about trying them but don't know how they work. I like my HD tires but they are heavy.

04TRX400EX
05-01-2006, 01:14 AM
I am wondering the same thing :confused:

From what I have heard so far, they are supposed to be a great tire for GNCC XC-type riding. They are much like the HD's, but weigh about 5-6lbs. less. I plan on getting them on the rear of my 400 and the HD's for the front.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-01-2006, 08:24 AM
we have been running them for a couple of xc races they hook up well, lightweight, and have very good high speed handeling characteristics. I would not recommend the HD front tire. We have ran the razr 2 fronts and HD rears good combo and now GNCC's all the way around if you were going to do a gncc rear, go with the gncc front or the Razr 2 front (just my suggestion)..

spincr4hire
05-01-2006, 11:51 AM
yeah, H-D fronts suk. Razr2 fronts are hard to beat though the new GNCC ITP's look a lot like the Razr2. I'd like to hear how they compare from a reliable source.

04TRX400EX
05-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
we have been running them for a couple of xc races they hook up well, lightweight, and have very good high speed handeling characteristics. I would not recommend the HD front tire. We have ran the razr 2 fronts and HD rears good combo and now GNCC's all the way around if you were going to do a gncc rear, go with the gncc front or the Razr 2 front (just my suggestion)..

Good to know :macho Thanks a lot for the opinion and suggestions Colby! It looks like I won't be getting ther HD fronts after all. GNCC all the way around or Razr2 & GNCC combo.

05-20-2006, 08:59 PM
How much do the GNCC's weigh? I weighed a Rear Razr II and it is 18lb 9oz. Thanks

jdboy
05-21-2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing

Have you guys heard anything about when the 21" rears will be available?

dan46
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I heard not for a long time, maybe this fall

GooseZ400
05-27-2006, 12:13 PM
the tread pattern is real open like the I razr. my I razr seem to grab real well, they clean themselves out to. I'd like to know how these gncc tires do.