PDA

View Full Version : Skid-Plates available now

MXracer16
04-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Which companies are making Swingarm Skids that are out and ready to ship. Where would I be able to get them? After one ride my stock skids are beat to crap. Thanks

CQR
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Armor has them, BUT BE CAREFUL!. A buddy of ours just put his on, came out to the track, cased it, and dumped all the oil out the bottom. One of the skid holddown arms is right below the oil pipe on the left side. When he cased it, the holddown clamp hit the pipe and tore it out of the case. Yes he needs a case half and lots of internals. It only took a couple of hundred yards to sieze the motor. He didn't even know anything was wrong until it was too late. I don't think much of the design of the pro armor skid.:ermm:

CQR
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey wow. I just reread the original post and saw the word Swingarm:rolleyes: Sorry.

Renagade
05-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by CQR
Pro Armor has them, BUT BE CAREFUL!. A buddy of ours just put his on, came out to the track, cased it, and dumped all the oil out the bottom. One of the skid holddown arms is right below the oil pipe on the left side. When he cased it, the holddown clamp hit the pipe and tore it out of the case. Yes he needs a case half and lots of internals. It only took a couple of hundred yards to sieze the motor. He didn't even know anything was wrong until it was too late. I don't think much of the design of the pro armor skid.:ermm:

Pro Armors rear skid plate is still in developmental state. It has not been released yet. i talked to them Friday because I have one ordered. Your friend has another brand unless you are talking about the center body armor which is out.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-01-2006, 08:17 AM
PRM has everything ready to go for the ltr450 I have ordered a few items for customers

turtleboy
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
I got a PRM a few weeks ago. So far I am happy with it

LTandRaptorider
05-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Yep! My PRM skid is due to arrive this week... ;)

Renagade
05-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I canceled my Pro Armor skid plate order and ordered the PRM. Pro Armor can't tell me when they are going to be done.

MXracer16
05-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Alright, PRM it is. I had the Pro Armor one on order, but I canceled it and ordered the PRM. Thanks a lot guys.

slief
05-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I have had the PRM skids for my entire under carriage for about 2 months and I am very happy with them! Quality is good and the fit was good as well. The swing arm skid is very beefy and covers the entire swing arm which is nice for me since I am using the bike for trails and dunes.

wyldelee
05-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Do you lose the chain guide with the PRM swingarm skid?

turtleboy
05-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by wyldelee
Do you lose the chain guide with the PRM swingarm skid?

yes

2000TRX400EX
05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I just received my 1/4" AC swingarm skid today and it fit well (with a little hammer work) :p . The only problem I really had was with one bolt on the bottom of the swingarm. I think due to the thickness of the skid that I got the stock bolt is too short so I had to go get a longer bolt. Other than that very happy with the quality and fit.

Oh yeah and you don't lose the stock chain guide with the AC skid!!!!!

MXracer16
05-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 2000TRX400EX
I just received my 1/4" AC swingarm skid today and it fit well (with a little hammer work) :p . The only problem I really had was with one bolt on the bottom of the swingarm. I think due to the thickness of the skid that I got the stock bolt is too short so I had to go get a longer bolt. Other than that very happy with the quality and fit.

Oh yeah and you don't lose the stock chain guide with the AC skid!!!!!

Is it full coverage or does it just cover the rear disc and sprocket?