PDA

View Full Version : asking again

Dale Szydlowski
04-30-2006, 06:42 AM
The little box stuck in the intake tube before carb and after air box.what is it and what does it do do i need it ?It seemes to be blocking fresh air from intake tube.I would like to exstend tube to out side of engine heat but that thing is ther in the way thank you in advance

nicktrx400ex
04-30-2006, 10:56 AM
are you talking about the crank case little plastic thing that goes in the rubber intake cause i moved mine to the front of my 400ex cause i run no airbox and it mite be taking a little bit of air out of the carb but not much all it does is get fresh air to keep the crankcase cool enough so nothing over heats hope this helps you out any.

Dale Szydlowski
04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
think of a milk jug only 1 teth the size screw it into the intake boot between the carb and air box and that is it .I have herd of boost bottles on banshees maby that. does any body know?

boricua
04-30-2006, 09:29 PM
it sounds like your talking about the crankcase vent tube. if so, it vents the crankcase from all the bypass gasses that get past the rings and directs it back into the intake tube to get reburned. just like in car/truck. there's also a bit of vaccum applied thats created by the intake tube. you should be able to remove it from the plastic canister, put a small filter on and route it anywhere out of obstruction. just dont cap it off.

Johnny B
05-02-2006, 08:38 AM
i think he is talking about the white plastic thing that sticks out of the intake tube?

bwamos
05-02-2006, 12:11 PM
If it's like the "newer" 300ex's it is the "smog box".

The breather vent tube goes into it.. then it goes into the air box to recirculate the air to reduce emmissions.

The box basically catches any oil that may drain out of the breather tube so it doesn't go into the air box.

It is not necessary at all. If you race remove it. It is pumping hot air into the airbox on your intake stroke. Hot intake air = loss of power. Very very slight loss.. but every little bit counts if you race.

If you run with the airbox lid off.. it is pointless, anyway. Remove it, plug the airbox hole, and reroute the breather tube toward the handlebars. Make sure the end of it points down, not up.

Dale Szydlowski
05-02-2006, 02:25 PM
ther are no hoses coming from it . it is mounted on the side of the tube so it doesent catch any thing. it is just a jug literaly imangine a milk jug take a 1" hole saw ponch a hole in the side of your intake then jamb the pour spout in it. thats all it is

boricua
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
if there is no tube at all connected to it, other than the intake tube.....it could be a resonator box. its only purpose is to cancel out the intake charge sound waves so the motor is quieter, noise emissions......if you take it off, i really doubt you'll notice a difference, both in power and noise.

Dale Szydlowski
05-04-2006, 04:06 PM
thank you all 4 the help

JOEX
05-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Can someone post a pic of this thing?

zeppelin
05-05-2006, 06:13 AM
you know it sonds to me like someone just decided to stick a 1/10 scale model of a milk jug on your bike. i'd toss it because no one else seems to have one lol.

coolex
05-05-2006, 05:41 PM
post a picture of this thing