PDA

View Full Version : Air leak

RIZZO
04-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I've been having a hard time trying to get an 86 TRX250R running....when I try to start it I pretty much have to kick it to death and all I really get is some spit sputter and back fireing.. when it does run it has very little power, very bogey also the plug is verry dark and wet NGK BR8ES. I have check most of the electricial...I dont have a flywheel puller right now so I couldnt do anything with the stator..But I seem to have good spark though...I did a compretion test and I have around 175 psi..
I checked the main jet it is a 152..not really sure about jetting and I dont have any other sizes to try right now...I noticed that I have an air leak coming from the top bolt hole where the stator cover mounts on the block....someone must have used a longer bolt then they should have..note I did my compretion test with this bolt in before I noticed this air leak...What should I do about this. ? what would this leak cause ? All help greatly appreciated...Thanks alot guys.

4x4quadking
04-29-2006, 11:59 PM
it sounds to me like you have a carb problem, maybe jetting, i would try dropping the needle all the way down then trying it.

BLACKeR
04-30-2006, 08:37 AM
did it run before? or is this a bike you just got. if it ran good before. i doubt your jetting is so far off that it wont run at all. it could be a bad crank case seal and your getting oil into your cylinder.

RIZZO
04-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes...sorry about that, this is one I just picked up not too long ago... so no it has been like this as long as I have had it.
I will try adjusting the needle and some diffrent size jets...any idea what sizes I should try and what notch on the needle....

Thanks for the help.

RIZZO
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Also this 250R has a Bills pipe with the LRD silencer and Uni-filter.

GPracer2500
04-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Could easily be bad crankseals.