PDA

View Full Version : ltr450 yoshi pipe hp gains with cbrm?

atvmasta2429
04-29-2006, 09:24 PM
i have a ltr450 and i want 2 buy the full yoshi pipe the rs-5 but i wana no about the horsepower gains and the sound i want 2 have a loud *** quad but i also want the performance 2 be there does anyone have the yoshi pipe on it already? i do have the cherry bomb installed i want to no if anyone has the cherry bomb and the full yoshi pipe and if so how does it run/ sound thanks

Ridin' Jesse
04-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I think the yosh will give you around 5 or so more horsepower I believe

LTandRaptorider
04-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I believe Yosh is claiming a 7hp increase with the Cherry Bomb, pipe with baffle out and air box lid removed.

Mike Jones
04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
IMO the Yosh pipe quite a difference from the stocker with the baffle removed...way more midrange and top end.

04-30-2006, 10:04 AM
I have the full Yosh, Trinity pro flow intake kit, and Cherry bomb. I installed the pipe and intake at the same time, it runs flat/lean on the top end, pops, and seems to hit the rev limiter way too early in the rpm range. Not sure if my cherry bomb is not working or if I need the Yosh PIM also. Anybody know how to test the cherry bomb or how to be sure you have accessed the race map?

Speed_MDS2
04-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
I have the full Yosh, Trinity pro flow intake kit, and Cherry bomb. I installed the pipe and intake at the same time, it runs flat/lean on the top end, pops, and seems to hit the rev limiter way too early in the rpm range. Not sure if my cherry bomb is not working or if I need the Yosh PIM also. Anybody know how to test the cherry bomb or how to be sure you have accessed the race map?

I've read that the cherry bomb doesn't give it enough fuel for better flowing intakes. Are you running the pipe with the sparky in it or out? I'm running the full yosh(sparky in) with the cherry bomb and lid removed and it runs real nice.

04-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
I've read that the cherry bomb doesn't give it enough fuel for better flowing intakes. Are you running the pipe with the sparky in it or out? I'm running the full yosh(sparky in) with the cherry bomb and lid removed and it runs real nice.

Baffle out/Wide open. Maybe I just need the Yosh PIM, although I understand its still not available yet(whats up with that?). It still feels like its hittin the rev limiter way too quick. I unhooked the battery overnight to weld/reinforce the linkage at the same time I installed the exhaust/intake, I just wonder if that messed up the Cherry bomb.

need2ride
04-30-2006, 09:48 PM
i put the yoshi on with the cb and it runs out fine i think your cb is bad??

mine became alot more responsive and has more mid and top!!

Baracudaaa
05-01-2006, 08:14 AM
I am running RS5 w/ C/B and the power is explosive! Mine hasnt even backfired once, but someone at the track said he saw a flame pop out once when I landed a medium double without any throttle. I wouldnt even think about going back to the stock pipe.

kgbg
05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
They Cherry Bomb and the Yosh Pipe are not worth 3 hp.

You get 7 from removing the lid and sparky, with no money.
So 7 with the same and Cherry Bomb is no better.
Up here the LT liked the Cherry Bomb for its fule ratio, and it seemed to run a abit stronger as well.
I never tested the pipe independantly, but I will bet its not worth 3 hp more than stock with no sparky.
I will test it this week.

AceLtz
05-01-2006, 10:14 AM
when i went down to yoshimura a while back to buy the pipe they told me 3-4 hp. It seems like a realistic number above the stock pipe, i think it gains about that much. Mine runs fine with just the cb, never backfires or anything.

Speed_MDS2
05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
They Cherry Bomb and the Yosh Pipe are not worth 3 hp.

You get 7 from removing the lid and sparky, with no money.
So 7 with the same and Cherry Bomb is no better.
Up here the LT liked the Cherry Bomb for its fule ratio, and it seemed to run a abit stronger as well.
I never tested the pipe independantly, but I will bet its not worth 3 hp more than stock with no sparky.
I will test it this week.

You may be correct, but the yosh with the sparky in it flows WAY WAY better than the stock with its sparky in it. Up here in MI you get caught with no sparky and you get a nice fat ticket, 2 tickets will cost as much as the pipe.

slief
05-02-2006, 06:05 PM
You get 7HP if you add the cherry bomb, remove the stock spark arrestor and remove the air box lid. If you do all of the above with the exception of a full yoshi exhaust with no sparky it is more like 10-11HP (over stock) if I am not mistaken. Thus making more like 3-4 HP gain over the stock exhaust. Not to mention the exhaust note! I think the key is the power band. Much more explosive and much longer. I have the full RS5 and cb with the above mods and love it!

As for adding the spark arrestor into the mix... I have not ridden my bike with the sparky in the yoshi but it should have more bottom end and a bit less on the top I would guess due to the added exhaust restriction. If the yoshi lost more than 1HP due to the addition of the sparky, if any I would be surprised.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

kgbg
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
I will dig out my dyno runs for all the LTr's we have done and show you guys tonight.