PDA

View Full Version : sponsors...

tazman7
04-29-2006, 08:54 PM
There is a place called Decal works that says that they are open to resumes for people wanting sponsorships....well my questions is, this is my first year racing and I am only racing in C class right now, do you think that I would even have a chance of getting a little sponsorship by them or should I not even waste my time?

CannondaleRider
04-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Sponsors usually don't look at what class you race.

Mainly, they look at how you present yourself at the track; Very professional everything, clean pits, clean bikes, good attitude, good sportsmanship, etc.

They also look at results somewhat.

tazman7
05-28-2006, 08:12 PM
So if I was to write a resume what would I put on it?

trx400exxracer
05-28-2006, 08:58 PM
if your not getting at least 20% it isnt a good deal that I wouldnt bother with unless I was planning on getting it before

miller821
05-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by tazman7
There is a place called Decal works that says that they are open to resumes for people wanting sponsorships....well my questions is, this is my first year racing and I am only racing in C class right now, do you think that I would even have a chance of getting a little sponsorship by them or should I not even waste my time?
A sponsorship is a sponsorship, you can't just join the best ones, you have to work your way up... Even if it is pretty little, it will help you get some recognition.

CannondaleRider
05-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
if your not getting at least 20% it isnt a good deal that I wouldnt bother with unless I was planning on getting it before

Yeah, thats not a good point of view about sponsors.

1)...would you rather pay $100 dollars for something...or get it for $80 dollars?...I'd rather the $80..thats just common sense

2) Don't expect sponsors to give you GREAT deals right off the bat. They give you a decent(Honestly 20% is better then decent) discount, in return for you to get their name out there more...thats the essence of sponsorship....If you prove yourself as a good sponsored rider(not meaning results), using many tactics to get the name out there for them, then they may choose to up your sponsorship...

I was lucky enough to get sponsors that gave me very good discounts, and in return, I'm trying VERY hard to get the names out there. I actually wish I could do more for them, I just don't have the ability at the time.

trx400exxracer
05-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Yeah, thats not a good point of view about sponsors.

1)...would you rather pay $100 dollars for something...or get it for $80 dollars?...I'd rather the $80..thats just common sense

2) Don't expect sponsors to give you GREAT deals right off the bat. They give you a decent(Honestly 20% is better then decent) discount, in return for you to get their name out there more...thats the essence of sponsorship....If you prove yourself as a good sponsored rider(not meaning results), using many tactics to get the name out there for them, then they may choose to up your sponsorship...

I was lucky enough to get sponsors that gave me very good discounts, and in return, I'm trying VERY hard to get the names out there. I actually wish I could do more for them, I just don't have the ability at the time.

wait I said that wrong I meant if you are getting sponsors just to say you have them and you get so many that you cant pay for their their products because you have so many you are not in a good spot but if you were already planning on getting it thats alright I am just saying dont go overbord with choosing your sponsors

tazman7
05-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok thanks. I dont want alot of sponsors or anything since I am just racing for fun basically. I would just like a few to help pay for a little bit. Plus I am always sending people to certain places (like Decal works) to get stuff anyways...so its something in return..

trx400exxracer
05-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok thanks. I dont want alot of sponsors or anything since I am just racing for fun basically. I would just like a few to help pay for a little bit. Plus I am always sending people to certain places (like Decal works) to get stuff anyways...so its something in return..

sounds good to me

CannondaleRider
05-29-2006, 03:07 PM

Just for clarification....at this level, sponsorship won't consist of companies pitching in for your race fees.

BUT, the discounts on stuff, the money you save, will carry over to it being easier to flip the bills.

trx400exxracer
05-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Just for clarification....at this level, sponsorship won't consist of companies pitching in for your race fees.

BUT, the discounts on stuff, the money you save, will carry over to it being easier to flip the bills.

you got that right especially when you have gas sponsors

thanks Beardon oil and Sunoco race fuels lol