PDA

View Full Version : Testing = broken parts

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Oh well, I think we have run into some bad luck, but that is too be expected from time to time:p

I recieved a new throttle cable (broke the old one last friday) and once installed I have been having all kinds of problems with Cody's quad. Not sure how, but ended up with a lot of water in the carb. Then I can not seem to get it jetted right...one thing after another:p

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
I worked on it until midnight last night, and a few good laps here at home had us feeling pretty good. After dinner we took a ride to Breezewood (http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com) for some test and tune.

JOEX
04-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Oh well, I think we have run into some bad luck, but that is too be expected from time to time:p

I recieved a new throttle cable (broke the old one last friday) and once installed I have been having all kinds of problems with Cody's quad. Not sure how, but ended up with a lot of water in the carb. Then I can not seem to get it jetted right...one thing after another:p
All part of the game.... That's what makes it fun, right:p :D

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Cody was trying to get used to the new gearing when the throttle cable started acting up again. Dan and I rigged up some spacers to help keep the rear of the tank from hitting the throttle cable where it exits the carb, but the damage was done. 6 laps or so later she broke the cap on the carb:ermm:

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I will tear into it tomorrow and find a solution for these issues.

There were quite a few riders there this evening, 60+ is a good turn out for this facility, and thats on a GNC wekend so everyone was happy

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I hadnt watched this one group more then a few laps and told my wife to keep an eye out, she would see a good wreck shortly:p

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Breezewood is fairly tame, but can bite you if you make mistakes.

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
There were some nice quads ripping it up!

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:50 PM
And dont forget next weekends ride at Breezewood!

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Jordan Aydelott wrecked hard on the 65 footer, pitching it in way too much and landing damn near on the front bumper. Thank god he was able to get himself off teh quad before it slammed him down on his head. He was ok, quad can be fixed and all, but it could have been ugly.

His buddy flips his quad back over as jordan catches his breath

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Cody loves to have others to ride with, and this young bike rider became a meal for cody:D The quad running like crap and he still wanted to pass someone:p

Pappy
04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Cody passed him and on the next lap the ol' cable broke:scary:

I wish it hadnt, riding with others really helps, parts failure is something we dont need hampering practice

Pappy
04-29-2006, 09:01 PM
I didnt get many good pics, was too busy wrenching:grr:

This is the jump Cody wants to clear, a 70 foot down hill. It is pretty hairy especially on something as small as he is riding, but he swears if I get the quad set up right he can clear it:eek:

Pappy
04-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Even while Dan watered the track, Cody wanted to ride. I geuss he is a mudmonkey at heart:p

TheFontMaster
04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I didnt get many good pics, was too busy wrenching:grr:

This is the jump Cody wants to clear, a 70 foot down hill. It is pretty hairy especially on something as small as he is riding, but he swears if I get the quad set up right he can clear it:eek:

Your kid is crazy.:scary: I would love to be there to see him clear that.

04-30-2006, 07:12 AM
i dont think he could clear it...look at that pic, how far he got right there...not too far

but...all the luck to ya cody

05_KFX
04-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Like Kenny said the bike was running like crap. And believe me once Cody gets his mind set on something, HE DOES IT! All these pics are GREAT and everything but they dont do justice for the lil guy, Cody. Cody sometimes gets on the site so, instead of just cutting the kid dont from the start, you should be giving him some kind of encouragment. O and by the way did you Mom ever tell you, if you dont have anything nice to say, DONT say it at all.
So leave the kid and his riding ability alone and talk trash some wheres else. By the way if you read this Codeman"You Can DO IT"

NOT trying to be a dick to you dude but kids these days need encouragement, if you know what I am saying :D

04-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
i dont think he could clear it...look at that pic, how far he got right there...not too far

but...all the luck to ya cody

Im with him ^ , it not cody its the quad i doubt he will be able to get enough speed out of that quad to do it, but i could be wrong, once hes on a little more power ful quad he will be doing it like nothing.

Pappy
04-30-2006, 11:39 AM
LOL....I hope he doesnt try to clear it:p Its a mental thing, setting a goal and all.

Here is a full size rider clearing it

Pappy
04-30-2006, 11:48 AM
mjpridered10.....cody said haul yer *** out to breezewood, he will hit it as hard as you do:p

I replaced the carb today and it seems to be running much better. I raised the gas tank 1/2 inch to clear the cable so I have my fingers crossed that this fixes some issues. He snapped the oil cooler mount off the oil cooler...a few zip ties have it secured until I can come up with a cooler and mount that can take the beating.

I reckon we will head back to the track today, maybe get a few pics of him getting some air with a motor that isnt cutting out:chinese:

And guys keep in mind, this is a mini quad, not a $12000 mini quad but a quad built for him to have fun on without breaking my wallet. He will be on a fullsize quad shortly, until then the quad has limitations and so does the rider. I wish I had his ballz to do what he does on 10 hp.