PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on a business decision

wvspeedfreak
04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I work at a family owned auto repair shop as a automotive technitian and have been employed there for over 13 years.We are a Bumper to Bumper parts store and have a 5 bay shop where we do all kinds of general auto repair and are a Custom Muffler center and do custom exhaust bending.
My boss has recently given me the freedom to come up with something to expand our business into and I am trying to decide what would be a profitable direction to take the business in.I am thinking maybe spray-in bedliners like the Rhino lining.Any input on something that may go hand in hand with an auto repair facility that wouldn't require a whole lot of extra space would be appreciated.I basically have a full 28'x34' bay and a 24'34' adjoining area to work with.Gimme some ideas ;)

TRX_450
04-29-2006, 07:54 PM
id say audio...big money to be made there

Mxjunkie
04-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Autobody, custom paint, air brushing ;)

omaits
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Whatever you do, make sure you pick something you are good at or know alot about....dont fall for the "easy money" because it wont last if you dont know what you are doing or dont enjoy it.

I think WV would probably be a good market for some kind of off-road suspension shop. You could specialize in doing lifts and suspension work. I dont know....just a thought.

wvspeedfreak
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the input so far.Paint and bodywork is not my thing.I am pretty versatile in the wrenching department and even electronics.Omaits.....the 4x4 market is pretty solid here,that is a good suggestion.Keep them coming.

Dr89
04-30-2006, 07:22 PM
bedliners are a good idea because they dont require a whole lot of room or equipment...but they aren't exactly somethin you can specialize in, a bedliner is a bedliner...imo. i think going with somethin like audio/stereo is where you could bring in new customers and really establish yourself in that area...more money to be made if you can do that.