PDA

View Full Version : Wait an see

jaldrich
04-29-2006, 01:11 PM
I have a honda 450r with the hrc kit... some guy from round here just bought brand new ltr 450 .. he wanted to race me got up to the starting line.. and it started spittin and sputter...sounds like everyone else problems on here.. god damn efi is garbage...so i'll half to wait till he gets it fixed.. but leaving my drive way i was pulling on him through the gears .. and i have a very long drive way ... so i will get back to yall on this one ... but to be honest i think i will beat him...

LTandRaptorider
04-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by jaldrich
I have a honda 450r with the hrc kit... some guy from round here just bought brand new ltr 450 .. he wanted to race me got up to the starting line.. and it started spittin and sputter...sounds like everyone else problems on here.. god damn efi is garbage...so i'll half to wait till he gets it fixed.. but leaving my drive way i was pulling on him through the gears .. and i have a very long drive way ... so i will get back to yall on this one ... but to be honest i think i will beat him...

Well, disillusioned one... the EFI is not garbage. ;) I have heard no problems on it, and in my short experience the throttle response from the EFI is so much better than carb. No idea what the prob is with that guys quad...

On a side note, my "old" LT250R has beat Honda 450R in drags... And I suspect my new LT would do the same... :cool:

And no, this is not the beginnings of a whose dik is bigger contest... I only felt the need to reply to your statement about the EFI... End of story...

LTZ400ApK
04-29-2006, 04:41 PM
first note:I've personally have had zero ploblems out of my quad and it has been on the track since it left the show room"i know this is a pissin match in makings but..." My LT-R has yet to be beat by any other 450 in a Drag or off the gate!

Efi is the future and its far from Crap!

P.S. go weld your frame,If you ride it like its suppost to be rode its Cracked or broke already

tido450
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ApK
first note:I've personally have had zero ploblems out of my quad and it has been on the track since it left the show room"i know this is a pissin match in makings but..." My LT-R has yet to be beat by any other 450 in a Drag or off the gate!

Efi is the future and its far from Crap!

P.S. go weld your frame,If you ride it like its suppost to be rode its Cracked or broke already

same with you in regards to the frame

goldrims04
04-29-2006, 06:50 PM
mine is running real strong

Yamahauler_04
04-29-2006, 07:40 PM
The ones I have seen run funny are all owner problems. They think you can pipe and pull the airbox apart and not do anything to the EFI.

It needs to be adjusted, same as a carb.

USAF Dirtboy
04-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

On a side note, my "old" LT250R has beat Honda 450R in drags...

Well I am not here to jack someones thread or piss anyone off (again)...but I own both the LT250R and the 450r and normally i would be biased towards hondas, but my 450r is WAY faster than my little quadracer....by a long shot. I have also raced a new quadracer with a CB, no lid, and uncorked and repeatedly smoked him by SEVERAL quad lengths. BUT on the track he would EAT me up and crap me out...the suspension is so much better in the stock form. But wait till next year when I get a new suspension set up:)

450rJam
04-29-2006, 09:35 PM
the lt250 or the 250r will have to be modded to hang with the 450's
I just sold my 87 250r with pipe,filter,carb,wiseco +20
and my 06 hrc would kill it in a drag.
on the other hand the 250r handled sooooooooo much better in corners

LTandRaptorider
04-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
the lt250 will have to be modded to hang with the 450's
I

And mine is... ;)

Chango
04-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I sat on an LTR just feels a little small for me.I haven't ridden one so i can't trash it but i sat on an Outlaw and it felt nice .I want to ride both and it would have to shave major time off my lap times before i get rid of the Honda.

Warnerade
04-30-2006, 10:01 AM
I have a honda 450r with the hrc kit... some guy from round here just bought brand new ltr 450 .. he wanted to race me got up to the starting line.. and it started spittin and sputter...sounds like everyone else problems on here.. god damn efi is garbage...so i'll half to wait till he gets it fixed.. but leaving my drive way i was pulling on him through the gears .. and i have a very long drive way ... so i will get back to yall on this one ... but to be honest i think i will beat him... and to be honest, your an idiot.

Warnerade
04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by tido450
same with you in regards to the frame and your an idiot too.

Mike Jones
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM

Honda's are good looking bikes...sucks I didnt get to see too much of them since most of them were too far behind me at Dumont this weekend:huh

JIMTED79
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Here we go again, everyone thinks the bike they own is the best. With the exception of the suzukis wider arms and axle all the 450's are really close. And MIKE JONES when are you going to dumont again? I'll show you what a HONDA looks like 5+ bike lengths ahead of you up comp:macho

Mike Jones
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
Here we go again, everyone thinks the bike they own is the best. With the exception of the suzukis wider arms and axle all the 450's are really close. And MIKE JONES when are you going to dumont again? I'll show you what a HONDA looks like 5+ bike lengths ahead of you up comp:macho

:D haha, Come on dude...just joshin the guy a bit...Im sure your built 480 would tear my head off.

Quadprorider
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Mike Jones
:D haha, Come on dude...just joshin the guy a bit...Im sure your built 480 would tear my head off.

Atleast it should????? LOL

tido450
04-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
and your an idiot too.

go weld some washers onto your frame before your dumbass rips your linkage off

Warnerade
04-30-2006, 09:22 PM
go weld some washers onto your frame before your dumbass rips your linkage off If I was to get a Walsh linkage with a Walsh rear end, you are right...I would be smart to reinforce the welds around that bracket. The frame was designed with a stock linkage, the Walsh linkage changes the force carried into the frame, which in turn adds more stress, which is what causes the linkage to rip off. Stock for stock, it is fine, I have cleared 40ft+ tripples, cased it once pretty hard..checked that area the next day, not even a sign of stress, I am not worried about it, and no one with a stock linkage should be.

Next time you try and bash someone, make sure you are not making yourself look like a dick in the process.

tido450
04-30-2006, 09:42 PM
If I was to get a Walsh linkage with a Walsh rear end, you are right...I would be smart to reinforce the welds around that bracket. The frame was designed with a stock linkage, the Walsh linkage changes the force carried into the frame, which in turn adds more stress, which is what causes the linkage to rip off. Stock for stock, it is fine, I have cleared 40ft+ tripples, cased it once pretty hard..checked that area the next day, not even a sign of stress, I am not worried about it, and no one with a stock linkage should be.

Next time you try and bash someone, make sure you are not making yourself look like a dick in the process.

look around on this forum and you will find "stock" linked ltrs with the same problem. nice truy, i win. im just stating facts here buddy

armoks
04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
look around on this forum and you will find "stock" linked ltrs with the same problem. nice truy, i win. im just stating facts here buddy

Actually you should read those posts no need to add washers just some extra welding. AND it has only happened to a couple quads its not every quad has that problem only a select few.

need2ride
04-30-2006, 10:34 PM
actually i talked to shawn G main man over team suzuki and the first gen had that problem the second batch released are supposed to be taken care of!!!

Warnerade
05-01-2006, 04:48 AM
look around on this forum and you will find "stock" linked ltrs with the same problem. nice truy, i win. im just stating facts here buddy Like I said perviously, you are an idiot.

foxman_23
05-01-2006, 07:35 AM
If I was to get a Walsh linkage with a Walsh rear end, you are right...I would be smart to reinforce the welds around that bracket. The frame was designed with a stock linkage, the Walsh linkage changes the force carried into the frame, which in turn adds more stress, which is what causes the linkage to rip off. Stock for stock, it is fine, I have cleared 40ft+ tripples, cased it once pretty hard..checked that area the next day, not even a sign of stress, I am not worried about it, and no one with a stock linkage should be.

My frame broke with STOCK LINKAGE AND STOCK SWINGER AND STOCK SHOCK. Any other stupid remarks?

tido450
05-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by foxman_23
My frame broke with STOCK LINKAGE AND STOCK SWINGER AND STOCK SHOCK. Any other stupid remarks?

yes its pretty clear nacs is a jackass. sorry bout your quad man. truth is they all break, and another truth is nacs cant live up to the fact that his linkage unless modified is a ticking time bomb. hopefully he ignores it and when it breaks his shock snaps too:macho

Warnerade
05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
so the guy got a lemon....one, maybe 2 cases i have heard about breaking with a stock linkage, I have also read about someones throttle body not being tightened all the way...simple lemon, happens in every bach of quads. I wash my quad after every race or practice, and always sit it up on its grab bar...i inspect my frame after every ride. Like i said, i've aired it out, probably a lot more than 80% of the owners, and I ride it 3 times a week atleast..nothing but MX racing..when I see a stress mark, I will get it beefed up.

tido, you are clearly just a moron...go pick your nose or something..

and hey foxman..

tido450
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
so the guy got a lemon....one, maybe 2 cases i have heard about breaking with a stock linkage, I have also read about someones throttle body not being tightened all the way...simple lemon, happens in every bach of quads. I wash my quad after every race or practice, and always sit it up on its grab bar...i inspect my frame after every ride. Like i said, i've aired it out, probably a lot more than 80% of the owners, and I ride it 3 times a week atleast..nothing but MX racing..when I see a stress mark, I will get it beefed up.

tido, you are clearly just a moron...go pick your nose or something..

and hey foxman..

id rather take a **** on your quad

and it wasnt a lemon it was a design FLAW which they corrected. my knowlege is far superior to yours so im done lookin at this topic feel i can see why you are offended everything you have typed in the past few days has been proven wrong. free to reply and call me a moron, an idiot, or maybe u can find some big cool word. have at it

Mike Jones
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
id rather take a **** on your quad

and it wasnt a lemon it was a design FLAW which they corrected. my knowlege is far superior to yours so im done lookin at this topic feel i can see why you are offended everything you have typed in the past few days has been proven wrong. free to reply and call me a moron, an idiot, or maybe u can find some big cool word. have at it

haha Dude, you guys are making a 2 page hater thread over a couple broken welds on a mass produced bike...I wish I lived in "I aint got ****else to do land" too.:rolleyes:

Warnerade
05-01-2006, 06:51 PM
i know they corrected the problem charlie, so why on earth would i want to fix sometihng already corrected?;)

thats fine if you have more experience than I ever will..just stating I have noticed not one stress mark yet. Everything I have posted the past few days has been proven wrong? I must be in my own little world then becuase I dont talk **** on anything unless I have the facts, and the experience to back it up with.

and mike, jsut becuase were posting doesnt mean neither of us have **** to do..I cant really speak for tido, but i go to school full time, work 40 hours a week, ride twice during the week, workout twice during the week, race on the weekends..and keep a needy girlfriend satisfied, week in and week out, so you can just shut up. I am done with this thread, IF my linkage ever rips off tido, you will be the first to know.