PDA

View Full Version : Something bent. I need help

DantheEXman
08-04-2002, 12:26 PM
I was rippin' out some donuts and i cought a rock. the 400ex rolled over on its side. Besides a bunch of huge scratches in the fenders, the handelbars bent and the front right wheel is like sideways a little. I want to know what is bent in the front wheel so that i can reoplace it. I took the wheel off and the hub was bent the same way. Is it the A-arms? if not, what is it. And what should i do about my handlebars? im not worried about the bars themselves, cuz il invest in some renthals, but i think that the bar stem or whatever its called is bent. How do i know if it is? and how do i replace it? Thanks

TheX1992
08-04-2002, 12:50 PM
you can really never tell w/o a picture for your wheels. but i might be able to help with your handelbars.

take them off, and put like a LONG pole or a simple level on the part where the handelbars sit, if thats crooked or not centered, your steering stems bent. you might be able to straighten it by clamping a pole in the part where the handlebars go and torque it down and lift up to straighten or buy a new one. if its level, then you just need new bars.

skemp
08-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Your bars are most likely bent, otherwise it is the steering stem. About your wheel being bent, it sounds like you bent a tie rod. If you can't tell visually, take the tie rod off and roll it on a flat surface to see if it is bent.

08-04-2002, 05:54 PM
Yea, and if the tie rod aint bent its hte rim, but i doubt that............

BornOnFire
08-04-2002, 09:09 PM
For some reason, the camber on the 400EX's right front wheel is tweeked out a little. The day I bought my 400 EX I took it back to the dealer and complained about it. The Dealer said that all 400EX's have it and I looked at the quads on display and sure as he//, he was right. You may have just noticed it now and the bars are a little bent that's all. Anyone else notice this camber issue?

Sparks425Ex
08-05-2002, 07:32 AM
This belongs in the steering and Suspension forum. And i already told ya what i thought