PDA

View Full Version : hotcams

TRX23rider
04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
i was reading that there are older and newer styles of hotcams and was wondering... let me know if i have this right,
the new stage 2 totally new
the stage 3 is the old stage 2
and the stage 1 remanied the same.
i was primarily thinking about a stage 1 and wanted to know if there is and older and newer style or is it just one.
thanks

jsmith2232
04-29-2006, 03:39 AM
I believe there has been no changes to the stage I. and you are correct on the stage II and 3

GPracer2500
04-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm not convinced that is technically correct. Hotcams does not list a stg 3 cam (dispite what some third party catalog might say). Hotcams lists a stg 1, stg 2, and a stroker. The "old" stage two is different from all three of them.

As far as I know, the idea of a stage three started because some distributer's catalog listed a Hotcams stage 3 (but enigmatically did not list the specs for it). I think this happened because that catalog was generated just when Hotcams was transitioning from the "old" stage 2 to the current stage 2. They probably had both stage 2 cams and didn't know how to list that so they called one a "stage 3".

To reiterate, I believe there is not an actual stage 3, just an "old" stage two. I'm guessing if you called Hotcams and asked about thier stage 3 cam they wouldn't know what you were talking about. [shrug]

400EX cam specs (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224516&highlight=CAMS)

Blue_Streak23
05-02-2006, 01:44 PM
just go for the stage 2 Tim!:D