PDA

View Full Version : Trade it?

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I have the opperunity to trade my 400ex (which isn't running) for a yamaha raptor. I know most of you don't like the raptor, but I've had it with my 400ex. They want a 400ex for some reason, and I've always wanted to try a raptor. I may not even keep the raptor, I may just sell it for a YFZ. What should I do? my 400ex has been nothing but a headache, what u think?

quads14589
04-28-2006, 05:50 PM
trade it:cool:

TRX23rider
04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
id trade it, the raptor is an awesome machine

Warnerade
04-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by TRX23rider
id trade it, the raptor is an awesome machine who lied to you?

RaptorRacer45
04-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Lying about what?......The Raptor is 1 Awesome Machine:macho

JRP
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
id trade, but if i had the opportunity id get a 450 after.:devil:

fasterblaster09
04-28-2006, 07:49 PM
I'd go for it,does the raptor run?? anyway whatever you decide keep us posted

exrider008
04-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Lying about what?......The Raptor is 1 Awesome Machine:macho

:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh ya ok!:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

but i would do it then sell it and get a 450.:macho

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 08:53 PM
what is so bad about the raptor? you guys blow it out of perportion. just because it's a yamaha you are quick to assume negatively. Their track record isn't that bad, except for the 2001 trannys and the one way bearing, a weak spot, and don't act like the other machines don't have weak spots, cause you'd only be a lying fool.

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 08:58 PM
I may take one last pass at the 400ex electical and see if I can get it going, but who knows. Even then, I will trade.

400exrules
04-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
what is so bad about the raptor? you guys blow it out of perportion. just because it's a yamaha you are quick to assume negatively. Their track record isn't that bad, except for the 2001 trannys and the one way bearing, a weak spot, and don't act like the other machines don't have weak spots, cause you'd only be a lying fool.

dont even start, its a losing battle. the raptor is called craptor for a reason

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

please, list some of those doctor.

exrider008
04-28-2006, 09:05 PM

i agree 100%

400exrules
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
please, list some of those doctor.

how about you try to list something about it thats good

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Don't got any real good shots at it do ya?

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
i agree 100%

I'm sure you do.
Cause of course, you would know, right?

400exrules
04-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Don't got any real good shots at it do ya?

too many to list....but it seems like your hooked on a raptor, so go waste your time on one, and come back and tell us how pissed you are for doin it

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 09:09 PM
too many to list....but it seems like your hooked on a raptor, so go waste your time on one, and come back and tell us how pissed you are for doin it

Wow, you won't list any. I've known people with raptor's and they aren't the least upset with them. Yamaha builds a damn good machine, I can name PLENTY wrong with the honda 400ex.

RaptorRacer45
04-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow, you won't list any. I've known people with raptor's and they aren't the least upset with them. Yamaha builds a damn good machine, I can name PLENTY wrong with the honda 400ex.

Im 1 of those owners....and im proud to say im currently racing a 2001 on the STOCK TRANNY:blah: .....some of u kids are really biased, im mature enough not 2 rant about Quads that aint my 1st choice so im just stopping here.....but w\e works for the Rider is what the decision should be made off of

DieselBoy
04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Im 1 of those owners....and im proud to say im currently racing a 2001 on the STOCK TRANNY:blah: .....some of u kids are really biased, im mature enough not 2 rant about Quads that aint my 1st choice so im just stopping here.....but w\e works for the Rider is what the decision should be made off of

Agreed. Biased forsure. The honda guy's seem to be the worst of the batch. Such a lack of maturity from some of these guys, but they can't seem to grasp the fact that any machine, anywhere, made by anyone, anyway, is going to have a mechanical defect somewhere or another, impossible to avoid.

I wish to bring the maturity level substantially higher.

RaptorRacer45
04-28-2006, 09:29 PM
You an about 70% of this board.....but hey, what can ya do?, only laugh:D

MAaudioX10
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
I say do it! Not matter what is wrong with the Raptor, it'll take twice as much money to get that 400 to be half the quad a raptor 350 is. I own a 400EX. I think it is junk!

If an opportunity appeared like that, for me. I'd be all over it and, mine runs.....lol.

Warnerade
04-29-2006, 08:21 AM
absolutely hilarious.

I have owned 3 sport quads the last 5 years, a 400ex, yfz, and currently an LT-R...yamaha does make good quads, its not the brand thats wrong about the raptor..its just the bike in general. That is all I have to say about that.

HondaRacer300ex
04-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Raptors are crap..(craptors).

I'll even give some reasons from EXPERIENCE.

-Tippy, VERY tipped. Too tall and narrow
-the suspension is horrible.
-They don't have reliable engines, no matter the year
-Feel VERY underpowered for their displacement
-HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!

Those are just a few from when I rode one for a while.

Believe me, i'm not biased to any quad, i've owned a Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha,Kawasaki. I love them all, but I deffinately don't love raptors.

Don't do it, you don't want to.

Trust us.

CHEVYZ
04-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Well, first of all, I am in no way biased on the subject just because I own a Honda. I ride with everything and have no problem appreciating any kind of bike for what it is. That being said, I have two buddies with the 660 Raptors and one with a 700 Raptor. Personally, I am not all that crazy about the 660's, but they are not bad machines. If you don't like your 400EX, I would go for it. Both of the guys that I ride with have had problems, but nothing over the top and mostly becuase of a lack of care for the bikes as I see it. I would never own one myself. They don't suit me. I understand how every bike can have its ups and downs and I know that everyone likes something different, though. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed.

On the idea of a 450.... they are definately something to consider. They are all around great quads, and do awesome in basically every aspect. Get the Raptor and see how you like it first, though. You never know, it might be just the quad for you!

04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
ya you should take the rapotr for a rip befor youi decide.

DieselBoy
04-29-2006, 12:57 PM
i wasn't aware the raptor engine was junk, first time i heard anything like that about it. and the 400ex motor is nothing to write home about either. Heavy- yes, the machine is massive - it comes with the breed, Suspension/handling: i agree its not like the 400ex, but this can EASILY* be corrected.

just about the only real bashing I hear about from the raptor is from people who don't even own one, the bike deserves more respect. in 2001 there wasn't a heck of alot of new sport quads around.

Overall I still hope to have a 450 someday soon. This bike will be for the summer, or until I find a 450 for the appropriate price.

Warnerade
04-29-2006, 01:01 PM
once again...you went with the topic about people not owning one....I dont need to own a quad to know if its junk or good...I have had experience with damn near every sport quad out today...the raptor just isnt up to par. Especially the 660.

I would take a nice 400ex over a raptor anyday.

DieselBoy
04-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
once again...you went with the topic about people not owning one....I dont need to own a quad to know if its junk or good...I have had experience with damn near every sport quad out today...the raptor just isnt up to par. Especially the 660.

I would take a nice 400ex over a raptor anyday.

don't you really need to own one for a while to make an appropriate observation? that's like judging the book by it's cover. the raptor is not a yfz450, the 400ex is out dated and slow in my opinion.. but their still nice to ride.

Warnerade
04-29-2006, 01:10 PM
my buddy had a raptor 2 1/2 years out of the 3 that he lived here for....we went riding all the time, i've ridden it plenty. Putting your name on the title does not automaticaly give you information that you wouldnt know if you didnt own it...

DieselBoy
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
yeah but you can also talk alot of s.... about something you know nothing about mechanically.

Warnerade
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
ok..simply becuase i am impatient and tired of dealing morons, I will tell you exactly how it is.

I dont know anything about it mechanicaly? alright, if thats what helps you sleep better at night, I race MX, all of my buddies race MX, we all work on our quads a lot, maintenence, we also helped out a lot. Plain and simple, after the experience he had with his raptor, i would not accept one if it was dumped off in my front yard..but would simply push it to my neighbors.

You are an idiot that makes stupid assumptions, dont come to a forum asking for opinions, then try to degrade every opinion that goes against what you want to hear.

DieselBoy
04-29-2006, 01:22 PM
ok..simply becuase i am impatient and tired of dealing morons, I will tell you exactly how it is.

I dont know anything about it mechanicaly? alright, if thats what helps you sleep better at night, I race MX, all of my buddies race MX, we all work on our quads a lot, maintenence, we also helped out a lot. Plain and simple, after the experience he had with his raptor, i would not accept one if it was dumped off in my front yard..but would simply push it to my neighbors.

You are an idiot that makes stupid assumptions, dont come to a forum asking for opinions, then try to degrade every opinion that goes against what you want to hear.

LMAO.... Look at you judge me via internet, and tell me how to do things, you call everyone an idiot on the forums and you are quick to judge someone you don't even know. Hope that works out for ya.

You base your results off of one machine, that machine had to have been raped to the tits for it to be such a piece of ****, many cases is due to lack of owner care, and people then try to blame the machine for their own stupid mistakes.

Warnerade
04-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I just call it as i see it. I do not call everyone on forums an idiot, i call the idiots on forums, idiots. I have no need to know you any further than this thread to call you an idiot, your general assumptions of the people who all made negative comments about a raptor was more than enough. Biased? I owned a YFZ for 2 years and didnt complain about it, how can i be biased against yamaha? My buddies raptor is not the only one i have had experience with, either.

If you want to sit behind your computer, and say i dont know what im talking about, go for it...becuase I will jut sit here and laugh even harder next time i check the forums. Keep digging yourself deeper scooter, really helps pass the time at home.

JIMTED79
04-30-2006, 02:02 PM

My friend has an 02 raptor 660 and has never even opened up the motor yet. He is real big on maintenance oil changed and air filter cleaned after every trip. were in the dunes a dozen times a year on three to seven day trips every time. Not everybody rides mx and I agree that bike would be my last choice for that style of riding. Raptors are good bikes from the experience I'v had with them, I would do the trade.

DieselBoy
04-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I just call it as i see it. I do not call everyone on forums an idiot, i call the idiots on forums, idiots. I have no need to know you any further than this thread to call you an idiot, your general assumptions of the people who all made negative comments about a raptor was more than enough. Biased? I owned a YFZ for 2 years and didnt complain about it, how can i be biased against yamaha? My buddies raptor is not the only one i have had experience with, either.

If you want to sit behind your computer, and say i dont know what im talking about, go for it...becuase I will jut sit here and laugh even harder next time i check the forums. Keep digging yourself deeper scooter, really helps pass the time at home.

And I too will laugh at your judgemental ignorance, it doesn't bother me none. :D You don't know me and your "assumption" that I'm an idiot is clearely a result of your own self insecurity.

Warnerade
04-30-2006, 02:48 PM
you simply can not comprehend the point im trying to get across.

JIMTED79, of course a stock bike..maintained well wont really give you any problems other than normal wear and tear...no bike will unless you get a lemon...

exrider008
04-30-2006, 02:52 PM
And I too will laugh at your judgemental ignorance, it doesn't bother me none. :D You don't know me and your "assumption" that I'm an idiot is clearely a result of your own self insecurity.

u ask for peoples opinion and u bash them when they tell u what they think, NacsRacer027 was just saying what he thought about the raptor (which i agree with) and u start fighting with him over the internet:huh. so next time u ask for peoples opinion dont bash them.:mad:

JIMTED79
04-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
u ask for peoples opinion and u bash them when they tell u what they think, NacsRacer027 was just saying what he thought about the raptor (which i agree with) and u start fighting with him over the internet:huh. so next time u ask for peoples opinion dont bash them.:mad:

I dont think the bike had to much to do with it on that one....LOL

Mxjunkie
04-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I had one, loved it

and it was a 2001 as well..

DieselBoy
04-30-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm excited, I hope I get it im eager to ride!

440bigborekit
04-30-2006, 07:22 PM
i gotta question for you what does your 400ex have done for mods beuase if its stock it feels slow but you can do some cheap things to get them preaty fast

DieselBoy
04-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
i gotta question for you what does your 400ex have done for mods beuase if its stock it feels slow but you can do some cheap things to get them preaty fast

Mine is pretty stock. 416 is about all.

440bigborekit
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM
can i have all the specs sorry to be a pain in the *** just tring to help you out

DieselBoy
04-30-2006, 07:29 PM
can i have all the specs sorry to be a pain in the *** just tring to help you out

which specs would you like?

440bigborekit
04-30-2006, 07:31 PM
well is it a full built 416??? does it got suspension work done??? i wanna know everything in the motor

DieselBoy
04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
the machine is stock except for the 416cc piston which I can think is stock compression, 87mm, stock cam, stock camchain, valves/etc. no suspension work.

rod/crank is stock also.

440bigborekit
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
ok man you need some work then thats actually taking away power i think without and exhaust no cam or anything is it even jetted ill give you a list of thing to make it go realy good but get a exhaust asap

you can do these things to make it gooooo..
atleast a 11:1 comp. piston
hot cam stg.2
crf cam chain
port and polish and valve job
fcr 39mm
jetted correctly
full exhaust
rev box
stroker crank
mabie even bigger valves
and deff a new clutch
air filter - k&n, uni, etc

do these things and i guarentee you will love your ex and wont think its slow at all but what you realy need suspension. you can have all the power in the world but if you dont put it to the ground its worthless.

and no effence but the raptor dosent handle like a 400 at all your probly be faster on the 400 anyday.

JIMTED79
04-30-2006, 08:04 PM
ok man you need some work then thats actually taking away power i think without and exhaust no cam or anything is it even jetted ill give you a list of thing to make it go realy good but get a exhaust asap

hot cam stg.2
crf cam chain
fcr 39mm
jetted correctly
full exhaust
rev box
stroker crank
mabie even bigger valves
and deff a new clutch

do these things and i guarentee you will love your ex and wont think its slow at all but what you realy need suspension. you can have all the power in the world but if you dont put it to the ground its worthless.

and no effence but the raptor dosent handle like a 400 at all your probly be faster on the 400 anyday. WOOOOOW good lord thats a lot of money. I saw get the raptor if you dont like it sell it and get a 450 like you said DIESELBOY the 400 ex is out dated.

DieselBoy
04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
ya i would just like a running machine, that's all i ask

440bigborekit
04-30-2006, 08:10 PM
haha i get preat carried away but atleat put a filter, cam, and atleast slip on exhaust on the thing its not breathing at all..

Warnerade
04-30-2006, 09:19 PM

hot cam stg.2
crf cam chain
fcr 39mm
jetted correctly
full exhaust
rev box
stroker crank
mabie even bigger valves
and deff a new clutch

and no effence but the raptor dosent handle like a 400 at all your probly be faster on the 400 anyday. and after you add all that up, you can get a bone stock 450 out of the door for the same price or cheaper!

next time you have a thought...just let it go.