PDA

View Full Version : Performance up grades for a 700

TheScubaShop
04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
what kind of pipe and EFI should i put on my machine

i was thinking the gytr slip on but what about the EFI controller

raptor734r
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a full system HMF with the EFI controller it sounds great and looks nice to. If i had to go with anything i would go with the HMF

TheScubaShop
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
i was thinking of getting the GYTR exhaust with the trinity EFI controler and GYTR intake

MaxxRPM
05-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Why a GYTR pipe? I'm sure they're not a bad pipe but there are so many other pipes that seem to offer more performance. If you were to race other piped 700s with different pipes and found that yours is slower, would that make you want to buy ANOTHER pipe (after you already bought a GYTR) or would you still keep the GYTR........?
........I'm not saying that this would happen, just saying that GYTR is not known as one of the best, IMO.

Capt_ron
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
the gytr also cost alot more then many others the hmf i have cost me about 450 for a full system ( head pipe and silencer) and i also got a quite core just incase i need one for silver lake. the gytr is 329 on yamaha.com. for my mony i would much rather have full then just a silencer.

also i would reconend a pc-III they are very easy to set up just hook it to the computer and upload the map to it from there website.

TheScubaShop
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
i like le looks...but you are right i think the hmf full system would probably be a better system

what do you think about the trinity EFI controler vs. dyna and vortex?

walsh450rHonda
05-04-2006, 08:39 PM
I don't know where you got the idea the GYTR makes bad pipes. I have set up YFZ 450's with GYTR pipes and have excellent performance. I tested a yoshimura, sparks, white brothers, hmf, big guns, esr, FMF and a couple others im not thinking of right now. Me and many local racers have all went back to the GYTR. Just because its made by the factory does not mean it is not as good. These are different times. Also I have done tons of sand draging and the GYTR produces more low end than most other pipes. Sparks pipes tend to produce more top end. In the end they are all close so get the pipe that is in your price range and that you like the looks of. I personally will be getting a GYTR or a White Brothers for my 700R.

MaxxRPM
05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Does Yamaha make the GYTR pipe or do they have it made by someone else?
Anyway, like said previously I'm sure its not a bad pipe but why do I think its not up to par with some others? Because there has been some Raptor and YFZ owners on these and other forums that had the GYTR pipe only to swap them out with other pipes and get better results or so they say.
........and from my own personal experience? I only raced one piped 700 so far and it was wearing a GYTR pipe. I won fairly easy. Could have been other factors other than the pipe but just saying.........
.......and when I had my 05 660 (also HMF equipped). I had little to no problems with GYTR piped Rappys and YFZs.........again, just saying.......
I'm not trying to piss anyone off or intentually bash GYTR pipes. Just stating my experience and mere opinion of them. After all, its your bike and your money, get what YOU want.

MadDog56
05-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Past gytr pipes have been very questionable in quality, and while performance is typically quite good by the time the real pipes come out it's back in the middle of pack.

Yamaha has their name on it, but I believe another company makes some if not all of them.

walsh450rHonda
05-13-2006, 01:08 PM
GYTR is a division of yamaha motorsports. It is controlled by the parent company and funded. I would have to disagree on the quality issue. I have had an aluminum and carbon fiber on two of my personal bikes that have taken an extreme beating. They are still holding up strong. They are equally durable as anyother pipe manufacturer that I have used. Also when you refer to middle of the pack you are refering to dyno runs. Those numbers rarely transfer to real world riding. I have set up bikes with the same motor mods but with different pipes and my GYTR bike still holds a slight advantage. Now on my honda 450r I went with a White Brothers Carbon Pro. It is an excellent pipe. I did a dyno run with it and it post 52.3 hp, that is with some motor mods. Im not just some yamaha nut either, I have almost all the sport quads from all manufactures. All I need is the new suzuki to add to my collection.

MaxxRPM
05-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by walsh450rHonda
Now on my honda 450r I went with a White Brothers Carbon Pro. It is an excellent pipe. I did a dyno run with it and it post 52.3 hp, that is with some motor mods.

Now thats a GOOD pipe! I've seen quads with the WB Carbon Pro run VERY good, though they are a little pricey $$$$$$$................... but you couldn't give me a WB E2! :D

walsh450rHonda
05-14-2006, 09:10 AM
If you go white brother get the Aluminum Pro 2, it is available. It has the same design and is cheaper. Plus it is adjustable by the end cap. You should be able to find it for around 500 for a full system.

TheScubaShop
05-20-2006, 09:14 PM
well the deed is done i went with a yoshi full exhaust system and a power commander and a high flow intake....whew what a world of difference this thing rips ***!!!! runs like a raped ape!!

THE EXMAN 400
06-08-2006, 10:41 AM
You should get a trinity pipe,ctracing,white brothers,fmf,or hmf. They are all prity good pipes ct,and wb are kind'v costly but they give you a lot power.