PDA

View Full Version : tether kill

Knarf0486
04-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey guys I'm gonna be hooking up my tether kill prob today or tommorow. anyone got any tips to help this process go easier.

thanks

Over-land 450r
04-29-2006, 09:29 AM
heat shrink works great instead of soddring. twiste the wires togherslide the heat shrink over and heast themup. they have Agreat connection.

Also leave room for errior. Rob

Knarf0486
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Anyone know which color is the right wire into, I'm having some trouble figuring which wire is the right one to tie my positive to. Instructions say my stator wire but Im not sure which one that is. I have an 06 with e-start.

Thanks for the help.

4ABURN
04-29-2006, 06:44 PM
there is alittle 2 prong plug under and to the right of the regulator under the hood. there is a blue wire with yellow line on it, this is the one you want to hook on to. did this 3 days ago to my 06 er. WORK GREAT:D hope this is what you needed.:p

PS the other end of teather I grounded on the bolt that holds the regulator.:)

Knarf0486
04-29-2006, 07:24 PM
hmmm, I ended up wiring mine to the black wire with the yellow stripe. Its the positive wire that runs off the the coil like the instructions said to tie into. Is that what you meant instead of blue with yellow? I tested it a few times and everything seemed to work fine.

4ABURN
05-01-2006, 05:47 AM
thats the spark plug coil wire not the pick up coil wire it will work alot of ppl have trouble finding the blue one so thats the one they use and I don't think there is a problem with that one, Any way happy riding:D :D