PDA

View Full Version : 4:1 offset hipers with stock arms

quallerd
04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Will I be to narrow trying to run 4:1 offset Hipers on stock a-arms for desert racing?

I just bought some 4:1 hipers because I got a really good deal on them and was wondering if I should mount the new tires that I have on them instead of on my stock rims for an upcoming desert race this weekend.

I'm still running the stock a-arms and was thinking about having the shocks re-sprung and re-valved by GT Thunder to hold me over till the new ARS-FX setup came out next year.

It's my understanding that the stock wheels are a 3:2 offset.

bradley300
04-28-2006, 06:30 AM
the stock wheels are 3.5-1.5 offset. so with 4-1 wheels you will be an inch narrower total. i dont think there is a "too narrow" but when people are normally running 50 inches wide, you will be at a disadvantage, even with the stock wheels. 1 benefit tho, is the 4-1 wheels will have less trail feedback (or twitchyness) thru the bars

bwamos
04-28-2006, 08:09 AM
I have never run desert racing.. but from what I hear, fatigue will be your #1 factor, so 4:1 would be much better than running with a 3:2.

I'd think in desert racing, a set of Flexx Bars, and a Precision Damper would be a better investment than wider a-arms.

Of course custom suspension would be huge.. if I were upgrading shocks, I'd go ahead and update the arms as well.