PDA

View Full Version : C-Dale is listening is anybody else??

Sandgod4
08-04-2002, 09:08 AM
From ATV Connection.:D :eek: :huh :p

First I would like to thank so many of you who have supported Cannondale in our first two years in the ATV market. We are working very hard to continue to improve the performance, quality and service of our products. We really listen and pay attention to the many excellent posts on this great website. Real time feedback and research is invaluable.

Today is a historic day at Cannondale.
- First we announced a new bank financing arrangement that will fund our further expansion of our motorsports product range. This was only possible due to so many of you who have purchased our products and we appreciate your support.
- We ended the first month of our fiscal 2003. We shipped the new 2003 Cannibal, Speed, and X440 motorcross unit. Expect the Super Motard and other new models to start shipping in August and September.
- Final testing will finish this week on the new Glamis dunes quad which we expect to begin shipping in September.
- We now have most products available with GREEN sticker (for California) and non-green sticker option. So you can ride your 'Dale anywhere.
- We have learned a ton racing with the Nac's/Cannondale team this year that will continue to be integrated into future production. We have won many races, and expect to coninue our investment in ATV racing forever. Racing teaches us things you can't learn under normal conditions.
- And finally, and though this may not seem significant, we had our first 2004 and 2005 development meetings. With our new financing we can expand and step up our RND projects for the future.

I would also like to thank the many retailers who continue to work with Cannondale. Most of these retailers have or will soon complete our Factory Tech sessions so they can be up to speed on all the standard service issues to keep your machines running fast and smooth.

So you can count on Cannondale to contantly work and continue to invest in you and your sport. We will never be the cheapest. We are dedicated to being the fastest, most technically advanced technology, made in Bedford, PA USA to keep you going as fast as your skills will allow you to go.

To the future,

Joe & Scott Montgomery
CEO/Founder, VP/Director
Cannondale
Text

-------------------------
Scott Montgomery

Guy400
08-04-2002, 11:04 AM
In short, NO. I read that when it was first put up at The Connection and was very impressed. Not only did Joe and Scott Montgomery post when they're products were new but they continue to post with company updates and answers to questions concerning their products. Not only do the Montgomery's post but there are a couple product engineers as well.

They wanted to develop a serious sport bike so what did they do? They asked the American public what they wanted and then gave them it and so much more. What do the big 4 Japanese do? They give us nuetered and detuned sport quads and tell us this is what we want to ride. Cannondale seems to operate under the biblical "Ask and you shall receive" premise and the rest seem to go by "Take it or leave it, this is what we're giving you." Hopefully the Big 4 will answer the call and become more 'Cannondale-like.

Pappy
08-04-2002, 11:08 AM
yep....i agree GuyLT250R

the jap companies havent listened to us, leaving the door open for c-dale. i wish them much success and hope the other manufacture's step it up.

Foxrage
08-04-2002, 11:12 AM
I 2nd that. All these jap companies dont listen and dont care cause they get it sold cause they are inexpensive. But Cannondale is selling them just as fast adn they cost more cause thats what people want.This is why im buying a cannondale cause im tired of waiting for honda.

Guy400
08-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Let's face it, since the 250R not a single company until Cannondale has pushed the envelope concerning sport quads. Honda had their chance with the 400EX in 1999. What did they do? They took slightly taller 250R frame and stuck a less-than-stellar 4 stroke dirt bike engine it it. Not that there's anything wrong per se with the EX but come on, with 10 years of development that's the best Honda could do? On Cannondale's first attempt they gave us a super strong yet lightweight aluminum frame, Ohlins suspension, fuel injection, cassette style transmission (no splitting cases for tranny work), hydraulic clutch, and an engine configuration that makes sense (air intake from the front and exhaust that exits the rear). On top of all that the motor actually makes good horsepower right outta the box. It's not some detuned version of a more powerful dirtbike.

Even if Honda creates a better performing quad in the next 2 years Cannondale is still getting my money. They've proven through their actions that they're a company that believes in their products and who are genuinely concerned about the happiness of their customer base. The biggest complaint against the Dale lineup is the plug change and valve adjustement. You're nearly forced to drop the engine to perform these tasks and is somewhat inconvenient. Guess what? Rumor mill already has it that there's a 2nd generation motor in the works that alleviates this problem. Now that's customer satisfaction!

Pappy
08-04-2002, 11:33 AM
hahaha...you pretty much said what i was thinkin...i just didnt wanna type that much...lol:D

i love my 400....but you are correct, its a mass-merchandised machine. for what i have in it i could have bought a c-dale.

but....im not into the extra maintance thats required on the c-dale so i probly wont get one ....and thats the only reason. look at suzuki.....why in the heck did they put that swingarm on the new quad? i mean come on....they had to have heard complaints about the chain adjustment on the LT's..i know cuz i was one of them!!!

i geuss the jap manufacture's just dont care.

Foxrage
08-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Now thats amazing. Cannondale is going out on a limb just to make the customers happy. They dont even know if they will still be in business in the next years but they dont care cause they will keep trying to make there customers happy. Anyone know a Cannondale forum?

Guy400
08-04-2002, 12:02 PM
The best for technical information is the Cannondale email list. I believe Gabe (86atc250r) started it--http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cannondale_atv/
You can sign up and be on the email distribution list. There's also the Cannondale forum at The Connection and ATV Addiction.

To answer why Suzuki used the old LT's bearing carrier--cause they had a whole warehouse full of them already. Sucks we're on the short end of the stick.

Sandgod4
08-04-2002, 12:10 PM
www.******** has a category in there forums to ask Cannondale directly. They have answered three of my questions. Takes a day or two, but they do answer....

FullBore52
08-04-2002, 12:17 PM
I can guarantee (sp?) you one thing, the next quad in my garage WILL BE a cannondale. (Unless I find a good deal on another shee..hehe)

Porkchop
08-04-2002, 01:29 PM
In the next year or so there will either be a cannondale, 400, or banshee in the back of my truck :devil :macho :D

freakystone
08-05-2002, 06:09 AM
No doubt, C Dale is heading in the right direction. However. I dont think it is quiet far to judge the direction of the big 4. This is about business and fact is, most people wont spend $6995 to $13495 for a quad. Yes, peole mod the heck out of them but it is spead out over months or even years. My son is 10 and we are looking for another quad. Price isnt a concern to me but even if he was 15 or 16 I wouldnt look at a Dale. To pricing for him to go and thrash. I guess if he was a pro racer, it would be different.

There is one building that separates my business from the local Dale dealer. I am seriously thinking of a Cannibal and mod it to death. But there are still so many questions and answers I am unsure of. Yes, I read Alaska Jim's and Wyndzer posts about how durable they are but I hear just as many people question it too. Regardless, I am a risk taker so we will have to see.

wyndzer
08-05-2002, 09:23 AM
I may be biased because I own a 'Dale, but I'm quite sure that you will find tons more people that are satisfied with their 'dale than are not. What I have found is that the people that are not happy with the dale are the ones that fail to do the required maintenance on the quad. If you don't want to maintain it then don't buy it. Same goes for marriage. If you don't want to maintain her then dont marry her.:devil

freakystone
08-05-2002, 09:27 AM
If you dont check her oil someone else will. :D

87Warrior
08-05-2002, 12:57 PM
i don't think that the 'dales are at THAT bad of a price, consider this

when i(my dad) bought my 300ex the guy gave us an offer that i refused (b/c i can't afford it) a 2002 400ex for 5100 OTD or something like that. there was a Z right next to it but he couldn't give me the same deal :(
i hear of people getting cannibles for like 5200 OTD or something like that i know it was lower than 5700

this just demonstrates MSRP manufaturers SUGESTED retail price
my 300 was 4200 W/O taxes and other things

Castor-426ex
08-05-2002, 02:09 PM
preach on Brotha:D

amen to Cannondale....Im thinkin of sellin the ex...

Sleeping Catfish
08-05-2002, 03:12 PM
if 1 of the big 4 puts out a quad like a cannondale then cannondale will be in deep sh#t. it will probably weigh a lot less(the cannibal is heavy because of the engine), and have a lot more power.

Castor-426ex
08-05-2002, 03:44 PM
you think your cannibal is heavy??

:huh

Sleeping Catfish
08-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
you think your cannibal is heavy??

:huh

the engine is heavy, if the engine was more like the weight of the 450f or crf450 it would be a lot lighter.

freakystone
08-06-2002, 05:55 AM
Huh? Heavy? I have seen in print that they are 374 and once I saw 347...

lil400exman
08-06-2002, 03:07 PM
i wanna buy dale a z-400 a new one but guess what here in ohio for a z not taxes and **** soory bout htis i am steamin the want 6, 800 and then another 700-850 in taxes and crap i said what the ***k in the dealer and said i am gonna go buy a damn c-dale!and then i went there they wanted 6,200 and a deqalership in the area for a refurbished unit:mad: it just errks me and zero z-400 how did you all get good deals a 400ex up here is still a price of 5,600 without taxes and **** rrrr:grr what are dealers think people?:huh
i think we need to boycott:devil except for c-dale it will get the big4 heads outta ther azzez

wyndzer
08-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Slow down, the keyboard and spellcheck are not your enemies.

freakystone
08-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Call Nicholsons Motorsports in Ann Arbor, Michigan... Tell them you want an OTD price. I bet it is under $5200...

Zero Z400
08-07-2002, 08:31 PM
My atv dealer buys most of their stuff in bulk. They were limited to how many Z's but they stil gave us a good deal. My dealer also owns half the town... U should try looking around for a better price at other dealers. Its worth traveling atleast an hour for a good deal on a quad. But for $6200 i would get the Dale in a sec.

Later

Lil90man!!
08-08-2002, 08:32 PM
haha i have to say this about or local dealer cuz i think its hillarious EVERY time we go in there looking at a new quad and we try to jew him down, ALL the salespeople say the same thing"were only makin 200 or 300 dollars at the price were givin it to you at, this is 4700 for a 300ex tax+title out the door, how can they sit there and say that? if they made that little on a bike they COULDN"T be in bussiness i mean i may only b 15 but i'm not stupid! any one else's dealer use this excuse?

Rastus
08-08-2002, 09:12 PM
I agree with ya there lil90man. dealers try to make it sound like its going to be bad on their side. Most of the time, i doesnt cost half the asking price with all the dealers do, and what-not.

Thats why Im into buying used stuff.Im a very cautious buyer, Ill check everything out,Ill look at reliability reports, the fun factor,take a test ride,and get to know the guy.