PDA

View Full Version : Need help with spark plug gap!for my ct 330

Toyorider
04-27-2006, 08:39 PM
hey guys i got a ct 330 and i was wondering whats the spark plug gap with be and what would be the best sparkplug to run with it rite now my bikes running too rich and i also wondering how would i tune it to make it run beter thanks

Tom TRX250R
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
.018 Gap

beerock
04-27-2006, 10:36 PM
well you have to list all your motor parts, carb, reeds, pipe, compression,

i run the br8es and its reccomended to be used to keep from burning out the stator, even if you dont use lights it can have ill effects. there cheap too

i know some people use br7es or a higher priced br8ev plug. but usually its a good idea to change a plug in a two stroke after ever race and after 2-3 rides if you like to jet your motor a bit on the rich side to make it mroe reliable.

i dont gap my plugs down to much if you have to gap your plugs down because of breaking up its usually because the ignition is weak and is a bandage for the problem, unless your running very high compresion then sometimes it will occur, but its still a bandaid and means its time for a race ignition

Toyorider
04-28-2006, 12:39 AM
hey every thing starts up fine but reacently it wouldnt start so i took out the plug and it was drenched with oil and there a ngk br9es in it and theres a fmf gold seris chamber and a powercore exhaust,with a pwk 39mm and im not quite sure what kind of reeds that are on there but yea ill check it tommrow and by the way im running race fuel and iono if the octane with affect it at all but yea i need to know the gap and how to tune it so any advice would be help me thanks.

beerock
04-28-2006, 10:15 AM
well right off the bat i would say switch to the br8es the br9es is a colder heat range is one reason your fouling

check your main jet and get back to us

definately go buy a a couple plugs, i usually always have plugs and buy 10 at a time.