PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo

Nausty
08-04-2002, 12:00 AM
just had my first race.... what a blast, I placed 3rd out of 10 riders in the main and it was awsome. I missed practice and placed 5th out of 10 in the heat and then 3rd of ten on main and it was basicly 4 quads all in a group of our own and I almost grabbed second place also. I never came close to losing control either all these other riders were all over the track(or off it) or were landing all awkward and everything. I was the only guy out of the b class and c class that was tripling the whoop sections and I was doing great. The only bad thing that happened was on the last lap on the last turn I flew into it hot and was way out on the outside and the person in 4th came in as fast as he could and right after the turn you have a jump and he jumped it at a diagnal hitting my rear while I was going strait on my side and he ended up cartwheeling but it was his fault though and there was nothing that I could of done. Man even the holeshots were great and I was being timid on the holeshots mainly because every race for the holeshot ends up in a crash, tie up or somone being run off and I ended up 5th out of 10 in the heat and I was about the only guy with a stock motor and then I just worked my way up and us top four kept switching back and fourth constantly. phew I can't wait tell next weekend.

08-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Congrads man, have fun and be careful.....

trx400ex
08-04-2002, 03:43 PM
good job, can we see a pic of your head tho? b/c it sounds like its pretty big

Pappy
08-04-2002, 04:37 PM
congrats!! 4 quads? come race around here...15 - 20 quads on the gate...first turn can be real fun!! did ya get some pics?

Nausty
08-04-2002, 05:43 PM
thanks guys. No we didn't take pics but we video taped it though, there was 11 quads at the gate I think all 400ex's, bansee's and raptors, one blaster, one polaris. I was pretty extatic on the first lap when i found my self in 3rd place. But yah I think if I went to cedar rapids or somewhere else then I would do a lot worse but I wasn't expecting to come out in 3rd in my first race with most quads being better than me. I was in about 6th place into the 2nd turn and 3rd out of 3rd and then us top four started to go into a race of our own. I can't wait tell next time I go because I already know what I need to improve on and what i'm gonna do.

FullBore52
08-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex

I agree...

Nausty
08-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex

Originally posted by Screamin 'Shee

I agree...

WOW... thanks for your guys input:rolleyes: go bother somone else cuz you guys are on my ignore list.

Evan
08-05-2002, 12:15 AM
Hey Congrads man, I was about the same as you in my first race. I had no motor work just susp and I wasnt sure what to expect on the holeshot, I just remember seein the gate fall and I was off, and going into the first turn there was only 2 quads ahead of me, and mine was stock against modded motors and all, I couldnt belive it. I went to the starting gate with a plan of not finshing last, and when I got to the turn in 3rd, my plan changed to finshing in 2nd or 3rd. I ended up getting wrecked b/c a guy cut me off and I wrecked, I should have let him by b/c he ended up dnfing, oh well I would have had a 3rd palce finish overall but instead had to settle for a 7th. I have raced 5 more races since then and with motorwork and all I dont think I have had near as much fun as my first race except when I got dead last starts due to jetting and coming from dead last all the way to 5th in both motos, now that was fun. Good luck, try to stay out of wrecks on the holeshot and you do fine.

08-05-2002, 12:38 AM
WOW... thanks for your guys input go bother somone else, i'm just gonna put you guys on my ignore list.

I dont know what the guys were thinking but I am thinking that weather intended or not that may not be such bad advise.

Keep your cool and play it right and dont let your head get too big cause of two things, 1 you may get cocky and screw something up or loose your edge 2 your helmet could be too small. OK so only number one but number 2 could be a good excuse to buy a newer helmet.

COngrats on a good finish on your first time out, and get a copy of that vid posted soon so we can see it.

b good

Nausty
08-05-2002, 01:47 AM
thanks guys, I dunno about a vid because I don't have a way to put it on my computer, and no where to host it and it would be a awfully big download seeing it was a 6 lap race. I hate holshots even though I do pretty darn good on them for a stock'd motor 400ex seeing most were modded, 400's, raptors and banshees. I also don't get cocky when I race and am almost always in control and don't try anything I don't think I can do.

Crazy4bluEx
08-05-2002, 06:02 AM
Nausty- props on the good finish....
to those peeps who are bashing, what is the need?
he is proud of his race, just like everyone else is of theirs....
no need to be a :square *blockhead* about it.....

*K*

***edit***

nausty once again great job on ur finish, sorry about all the flamers...:devil

SGA
08-05-2002, 06:41 AM
Congrats!

trx400ex
08-05-2002, 08:03 AM
guys, we werent "flaming" just trying to offer advice without sounding like a mom....

my first race i got third place, i was excitied, but i didnt tell everyone how i was doing everything perfect, everyone else was all over the track landing ackward and i was always in control...i was tripling the whoops and evrything .....man was i the greatest, its just one of my pet peeves to hear people talk about how great they are....

Doibugu2
08-05-2002, 08:11 AM
Man, give the kid a break. He comes on here expecting some praise from his fellow riders, and you all dog him. How can he have a big head after one race? Especailly when all he is doing is just giving us a recap of the race.

Nausty, congrats on the race. I'll be glad to hear how you did next week. Just ignore the hatters!

fat400
08-06-2002, 11:05 AM
hey if you ever want to race at cedar rapids let me know i am raccing there this seson way to go on your race:D :D :D :D

sandman
08-06-2002, 01:10 PM
good job on your race nausty you really do sound excited about your race and i would be too if i finished 3rd in my first race or any race as far as that goes... keep up the great riding and let everyone know how your next race goes......ok

Sleeping Catfish
08-06-2002, 02:15 PM
i feel sorry for those guys on raptors. it is so hard to ride one of those on an mx track.

Nausty
08-06-2002, 02:38 PM
thanks guys it was a blast. I can't beleive how fun it is when your racing and the thing about quad racing there is a lot more than just going fast when your racing and it has like a lot of mind games and choices. Sorry if I sounded like i was bragging but when I get really good at racing I kinda wanna have like a jeremy magrath riding style, like always in control and knows whats gonna happen I just like seeing people ride like that and they make everything seem so easy and heck yah I didn't see any raptors in the b or a class races and even in the c classes they didn't do to great and the thing I liked about this track was that you could make up most of the time just by carrying your speed as good as you could and through the whoops because in the c class every one just slows down and rolls over them while i'm tripling them:D :p and they all seem to group to the left to set up for the next corner so you can just pass them like crazy. I can't wait tell thursday and this weekend.

Sleeping Catfish
08-06-2002, 03:50 PM
hmmmm...maybe you should move up a class. sounds like you have a lot more experience than these guys. i can even triple up on whoops, but then again that shouldn't be too hard considering the power the cdale has.

Nausty
08-06-2002, 04:32 PM
umm I don't think its the power.... they are hitting the brakes before they even hit the whoops because there is a small strait away in front of it. I am not gonna race b class until I get a couple first places or next year.

Sleeping Catfish
08-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
umm I don't think its the power

i meant if you let off the throttle in the middle of them a cdale will make it easier to pick up the speed again...

Nausty
08-06-2002, 05:22 PM
I don't really think through whoops on a quad it really isn't something a machine will let you do and where skill really makes the biggest differance.

Regulator 250X
08-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey dudes, no flaming, this was the kids first race, heck it was only my third race on this track... nausty keep one thing in mind dude, this track is small compared to Hawkeye Downs, trust me, i race there, and well i get smoked, but thats what i get for having a stock 250x motor!!! Fat400...... what class do you race? I wont be there this weekend, gotta find a job before school starts! anyway, nausty i did pretty good my first race and did better in my second race there, the thing to keep in mind there is if anyone goes high they are screw, the berms are so far away from the inside that its easy to pass someone going high. Waterloo is a great track for beginners, so far its my favorite, even after taking a huge digger in the heat race, ending in bruised ribs. STILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! haha, well hopefully see ya there on the Labor day weekend i think it is, the 7th!! later dude!!

Nausty
08-06-2002, 06:14 PM
yah I know that about going high there is only a couple places where going high can even seem to work out and that is the higher speed berm before the triple and maybe the one after the triple but most likely not. I'll most likely be there thursday for practice.