PDA

View Full Version : VW steering stabilizer?

screaminta
04-27-2006, 01:50 PM
I have heard that there is a kit out there that allows you to put a volkswagen steering stbilizer on the 250r? I am in the market for a stabilizer now and was wondering if this is a good kit/ where can I check it out/get one. thanks

quadracer12
04-27-2006, 02:07 PM
it been awile since i have been in the 250r scene but if i remember right it was a absorber off the rear hatch of a vw. then people were buying the mounting hardwear off of pep or james lucky stabalizers. but i know the pep has changed now so i don't know how you would come up with the mounting hardwhere. good luck.

screaminta
04-27-2006, 05:59 PM
thanks for your input quadracer, but does anybody have anymore info on this?

elbine69
04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
id like to hear more about this also

bananas
04-28-2006, 05:28 AM
The information is on this site. You will have to do a bunch of searches to look for it. I tried but no luck. What I remeber is it was from a 1973 vw. The price was like $25.00. Mounting of it wasn't the greatest but it worked.

beerock
04-28-2006, 01:02 PM
i forget what its from but i have that stabilizer and its great its what laeger used on there protrax setup.

here it is in the pic it connects to the laeger head stay and laeger pro trax steering stem the steerng stem has the mount up high.

i have used this steering stabilizer down low as well on my non pro trax front end, and you need some collars or washers to space the dampner right and it bolts to the inside portion of the motor mount(with washers to space it out) on the right side motormount if your sitting on the bike, you use a extralong motomount bolt but it wont work right with esr mounts unless you plan to drill through the mount for the through bolt.

if your stem has a tab welded like my old laeger stem you just mount it right to it if not you need the clamp

jcquads
04-28-2006, 06:40 PM
With the VW stabilizer you can rebuild it with the James Lucky rebuild kit.I have it on my quad and it works great.

flying dutchman
04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
@beerock: i have the same steering stabilizer on my 87 quadzilla its a great thing to ride with:)