PDA

View Full Version : loud pipes

zack57
04-27-2006, 11:20 AM
i want the loudest pipe there is that you can buy but i would like some help on findin one

underpowered
04-27-2006, 11:47 AM
please use the search button. all kinda of threads on this and why you SHOULD NOT DO IT. you should want a pipe for performance, not for noise. loud pipes get riding areas shut down. i like to be heard, but not annoy my neighbors.

GPracer2500
04-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
please use the search button. all kinda of threads on this and why you SHOULD NOT DO IT. you should want a pipe for performance, not for noise. loud pipes get riding areas shut down. i like to be heard, but not annoy my neighbors.

Well said. Loud pipes are bad for the sport.

450Rchaser
04-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Run an open header w/ a chrome tip welded on the end. Gauranteed to be the loudest.

PismoLocal
04-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I run the loudest pipe you can buy but i only ride dunes and track and there is no sound requirement at either place.

GPracer2500
04-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
I run the loudest pipe you can buy but i only ride dunes and track and there is no sound requirement at either place.

I can respect that if there are no regulations in place then you are free to run what you choose. And I'm not suggesting you are an irresponsible participant of our sport.

But, let me add this: tracks DO get pressured into shutting down because of noise. So do riding areas that currently have no restrictions. Once the Seirra Club and the like figure out that they won't be able to shut down Glamis because of trash (do your part and cross your fingers!) the next thing I think they'll go after is the noise. Just because the noise isn't really bothering anyone doesn't mean there aren't groups out there looking for ammunition in thier (usually well organized) fight to shut our riding areas down. THAT is the real issue.

Just something to think about...

04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
sell your atv...we don't want you ruining our sport any more than what it is. we have enough peopel trying to take away our atvs. we don't need you to p#$@ people off and make even more hate us!!!

450Rchaser
04-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Once the db's get so high the human ear can't here it gettin any louder. Most pipes are to loud.

04-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Once the db's get so high the human ear can't here it gettin any louder. Most pipes are to loud.

by that time, people are already annoyed an p.oed and calling the cops about the guy riding their loud arse quad where he shouldn't be

450Rchaser
04-27-2006, 02:41 PM
This is true, like you said. Where they shouldn't. My buddy has a 4?? ex w/ a big gun. I don't know what it is about that pipe. You better believe he rides in the very back. My dual LTE's are so loud I can't here anyone come up behind me.