PDA

View Full Version : Are these 4/1 offset Hipers?

quad2xtreme
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I have 2 sets of 3/2 single beadlock Hiper rims. I ordered a set of 3/2 no beadlock but the offset is different. I lost 1" measuring from the inside of the rim to the inside of the other rim. I have a feeling these are 4/1 offset or Hiper is really making a 3.5/1.5 and advertising it wrong. All I know is they are not the same offset as my two existing 3/2 offsets.

Can you tell from these pictures? I really want the advantage of not having another 1 lb per wheel of spinning mass but not at the expense of losing 1" in width. I appreciate any help. I am willing to take measurements if it helps.

Thanks,

Jon

Picture #1:

quad2xtreme
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
picture #2

The dip after the first lip appears much deeper in picture #1 than it does when you look at it from the appropriate angle in picture #2. It is almost flat across the wheel.

xsr_racing28c
04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Yea they are 4+1 rims for sure....If you don't want them, shoot me a price and maybe i'll take them.. are they honda pattern??

I honestly don't think hiper made 3/2 non beadlock wheels... i thought they were all 4/1... but maybe not

kbass24emtp
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Hiper only makes the non-beadlock front wheel in a 4:1 offset.

quad2xtreme
04-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Yea they are 4+1 rims for sure....If you don't want them, shoot me a price and maybe i'll take them.. are they honda pattern??

I honestly don't think hiper made 3/2 non beadlock wheels... i thought they were all 4/1... but maybe not

They are Honda pattern for sure.

I just got them from Colby at C&D so I can just send them back...meaning there is no bargain for getting them from me versus him.

Hiper recently started making 3+2 offset in addition to the 4+1 in a non-beadlock. My concern is that Hiper is really making a 3.5+1.5 and calling it 4+1 or they really make a 3.5+1.5 offset and are calling it 3+2. The one thing I know for sure is the wheels that I got that are supposed to be 3+2 do not match the offset on Hiper's 3+2 single beadlock wheels that I have now. There is only a 1/2" difference in offset between the two. My manual measurements on the wheel matches the 1" total width difference in the quad when mounted on the 400ex spindles.

I talked to Hiper twice and didn't get anywhere. I tried to ask them what the measurements were supposed to be but they always wanted to know what I was getting and then saying yea that is correct.

When I received the wrong Flexxbars from Fasst and contacted their tech support, they were able to quickly tell me to measure from this point to this point and it should be 2.5". If not, then you got the mx bend instead and we need to replace them. Pretty simple.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Hiper only makes the non-beadlock front wheel in a 4:1 offset.
Not according to their website. You can even order them online from them and they list them differently.

/jon

kbass24emtp
04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Well when I bought my Hiper thats all that they were selling at the time.

quad2xtreme
04-27-2006, 07:11 PM
well, they are 4+1 wheels. I went to the Hiper website and found a picture of the real 3+2 wheels. You can tell that the distance from the first lip to where it recesses is much deeper in this picture. Here is the picture from Hiper website:

4trax250x81
04-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I just ordered a set of the non beadlock fronts and love them. I had the choice between 4;1 or 3:2 offset. I needed the 4:1 to stay under 50"

hontrx265r
04-30-2006, 02:59 PM
The wheel really has nothing to do with the offset ( it does but not on hiper) The wheels you have are 3.5/1.5 which is what they consider 3/2 The center aluminum section is the part that makes the offset, so it doesn't matter how they look on the outside. Your inner aluminum piece is the wider unit. (3/2 style) A friend of mine just bought 4/1 hiper used and they didn't fit his gibson front end (because he was using stock R spindals not 400ex) He called hiper and they sent him the wider center to change the offset, and its the same one you have there. The 4/1 center section is about half that width and also doesn't have real deep counter sunk bolt holes.