PDA

View Full Version : my Sons mini gets ran over....

QuadJunkies
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
We were at State Series this past wk end and

well...this ole geezer that seemed to find humor when he ran my sons mini quad at the PV track with his rig wont be laughing no more....! Insurance is getting billed for the following...

New Axle-BENT!
Rear Left Fender-BENT!
replacement custom number since fender will have to be replaced

Center plastic-BENT!
Brake rotor-BENT!
Caliper
8x6 wheel-TACOED!
Pipe mouint-BUSTED!
SwingArm- from getting squished when he ran it over,this was brand new only one race on it too
Im also concerned about his rear shock, we may be sending that in for a rebuild,when the truck ran it over it was so compressed the whole front end of the mini was up in the air!!!
Brandons sponsor is making us up a repair bill to send in tomorrow to the insurance Co. the Lady has been very nice and is going to put an Urgent on this cause she knows its a raced bike..

Ill be billing for Labor as well!

They want us to send it pics, and video showing things like how the Axle bobbles when you roll it ,things like that.. This is not a field they will really be able to assess damage accurately since they are used to cars/trucks Troy said so they will be relying on this stuff for the claim.Im curious how they proccess this stuff with Value and stuff cause I know a car they may total out and this situation is different than the Norm but it sounds like it will get replaced and its not a huge claim like cars are...

I guess he wont be laughing now ???!!!!
Talk about all the luck..

Im just glad no kids were back there when that happened.

"We stressed the importance to the insurance Co. that it needs t obe done in time for seasons racing and shes been really cool so far and said she could put a RUSH on it.

I guess WE WILL SEE:ermm:

300exOH
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear about the mini. I would be steamed. It may help to send them copies of your receipts if you have them for the parts that were damaged. The pics/video should help. I would bill his insurance for every little part you can. My wife works for an insurance company so I'll ask her if she has any other advice when she gets home. Good luck.

QuadJunkies
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I dont have any receipts anymore of the minis parts. At least, not for SOME of the parts being replaced, I might have them for a few of them but it would take me some time to find them...

I kept all of them fro our new 450r though cause Im insuring for Value on it.

A repair bill should do the trick though. ;)

Tell her thanks for any info too!!

Ill know more in a day or so from the insurance Co.

300exOH
04-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Any reciepts you do have may help but the repair bill should be enough. Sounds like the insurance co. is willing to work with you though. I'll make sure and ask the wifey about it tonight though. She knows much more about it than I do. No need to thank her... she loves this kind of stuff. lol

You shouldn't have any trouble getting the full repair bill taken care of though especially since it's a relatively small claim. I'll let you know what she says later this evening.;)

Flynbryan19
04-27-2006, 11:36 AM
If I was Troy, I would have been hard pressed to not deck the old man...:grr: Run over the kids ride, then smile about it on top of that.... OOOoo I'd be whoopin' some arse.

QuadJunkies
04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
If I was Troy, I would have been hard pressed to not deck the old man...:grr: Run over the kids ride, then smile about it on top of that.... OOOoo I'd be whoopin' some arse. LOL Trust me.... Troy had a REALLLYY hard time holding his composure :p

Yeah, the bill is alot smaller than Im sure the Insurnace peeps are used to seeing.. Im just roughly guessing it will be around 1500.00 before labor and thats IF we have to also send off the rear shock for repair. I just hope we dont get screwed on this one..I wont know the full extent on the repair bill until we add it all up though

Flynbryan19
04-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Just be careful, and act like your ready to sue at the drop of a hat. Don't take no for an answer. When my truck was totaled through no fault of my own they wanted to give me roughly $3000 for it. I just refused to take what they wanted to give till I couldn't get anymore out of them. And I did threaten to sue a time or two...... I walked out of the office that day and got $6800 for the truck they wanted to give me $3000 for. You seem like the kinda person that won't back down, but just make sure you stand up for yourselves. ;)

QuadJunkies
04-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Oh.. I have NO PROBLEM sticking up for myself. :p If Troy cant get it taken care of- I take care of it... LOL

I just want fixed that was damaged... No more.. and thats fair and honest. ;)

wvspeedfreak
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
That sucks.It is probably a good thing your husband didn't smack the old fart.You probably wouldn't get anything then.I'm glad your kid wasn't around his quad at the time.I hope you get things resolved quickly so he won't have to miss many races.

newnick
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Good thing no one got hurt. To bad though you have to do all that work to it. Better check the frame out real good. Hope you can get all the parts together quick enough not to miss any races.

300exOH
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Okay. Here's what the wifey said...

His liability insurance should pay for everything including time lost from practice/racing under loss of use coverage. Make sure the sponsor that is doing the estimate write down every part and their specific name brands because the insurance co. will most likely check eBay and other sources for pricing. They will take the average price of the items being replaced but you can negotiate the average price. Try to give them the websites/catalogs you are ordering the parts from. Also make sure the labor is written out on the estimate. Otherwise they will only give you a maximum of around $12/hr. for labor if you are doing the repairs yourself. Make sure the check is made out to you and not to the company giving the estimate. They may try to write out the check to both you and the company doing the repairs but don't let them. The insurance co. will make you sign a release form to close out the claim but don't sign it until you are satisified with the repairs and loss of use (if you miss a race/practice). Also if you have any witnesses (preferably non family) give their names/numbers to the claim adjuster. This way there's no doubt the damage was not race related. If you don't like the first offer they give turn it down. Also it may be a good idea to write down names of the people you speak with and if you aren't happy with their treatment then you can call the department of insurance in your state to file a formal complaint. Hope all this makes sense. If you have any other questions I'll try to help the best I can. Good luck.

QuadJunkies
04-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Okay. Here's what the wifey said...

His liability insurance should pay for everything including time lost from practice/racing under loss of use coverage. Make sure the sponsor that is doing the estimate write down every part and their specific name brands because the insurance co. will most likely check eBay and other sources for pricing. They will take the average price of the items being replaced but you can negotiate the average price. Try to give them the websites/catalogs you are ordering the parts from. Also make sure the labor is written out on the estimate. Otherwise they will only give you a maximum of around $12/hr. for labor if you are doing the repairs yourself. Make sure the check is made out to you and not to the company giving the estimate. They may try to write out the check to both you and the company doing the repairs but don't let them. The insurance co. will make you sign a release form to close out the claim but don't sign it until you are satisified with the repairs and loss of use (if you miss a race/practice). Also if you have any witnesses (preferably non family) give their names/numbers to the claim adjuster. This way there's no doubt the damage was not race related. If you don't like the first offer they give turn it down. Also it may be a good idea to write down names of the people you speak with and if you aren't happy with their treatment then you can call the department of insurance in your state to file a formal complaint. Hope all this makes sense. If you have any other questions I'll try to help the best I can. Good luck.

You and your wife are both AWESOME... thanks so much of the info!;)
I dont know of any witnesses, bu the track owner was invlolved when Troy was cursing the guy out... :p All the riders were there and aware of the incident, Im sure that should say something.

Livin4Real
04-28-2006, 04:29 AM
With that much damage I'm sure your frame is tweaked now as well, especially if it trashed your swingarm, so your chain is probably unfit for use as well if you don't already have that on your list.

300exOH
04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
You and your wife are both AWESOME... thanks so much of the info!;)
I dont know of any witnesses, bu the track owner was invlolved when Troy was cursing the guy out... :p All the riders were there and aware of the incident, Im sure that should say something.

You're very welcome. We're happy to help where we can. Hopefully that gives you the leverage you need to fight the insurance co. It shouldn't be necessary to go through all that but you never know. If all else fails contact a lawyer. It might not hurt to give the track owners name/number just in case. Hope everything turns out in your favor.

Let's see the old guy smile now.:devil:

QuadJunkies
04-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
With that much damage I'm sure your frame is tweaked now as well, especially if it trashed your swingarm, so your chain is probably unfit for use as well if you don't already have that on your list.

I actually wondered about the frame and I cant believed it... its fine!! That Eton Frame sure had been a rock solid frame!:) I never thought about the chain though-good point!

flyboy62
04-30-2006, 06:06 PM
do u have any pics. of what it looked like after?

QuadJunkies
05-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I did have pics hosted on my photo gallrey but have since ben deleted...
I do have a short clip of the bent Axle and Rotar

The insurance company was fairly easy to deal with, they approved the full estimate(including the labor) so I should be able to replace the parts very soon.:)

300exOH
05-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I did have pics hosted on my photo gallrey but have since ben deleted...
I do have a short clip of the bent Axle and Rotar

The insurance company was fairly easy to deal with, they approved the full estimate(including the labor) so I should be able to replace the parts very soon.:)

Glad everything is working out for you:D