PDA

View Full Version : wb plates

h400ext
04-27-2006, 06:40 AM
i have a 400ex with a stage 1 can wb e-series exhaust a 14t front sproket and jets and air filter. but i wanted to know how many plates to put on my wb. and what the plats do?

miller821
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by h400ext
i have a 400ex with a stage 1 can wb e-series exhaust a 14t front sproket and jets and air filter. but i wanted to know how many plates to put on my wb. and what the plats do?
Its all preference of what you want, but I can't really tell a difference in power between 4 discs and say 10 discs... But the noise is def. different, the more discs the louder it is, and the better top end you get... The less discs the quieter it gets, and the better bottom end you get... So just mess around, maybe go 4, 8, 12, try those out and see what you like better... Me I run it wide open with no discs or sparky, and I like it like that...

Halter
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Its all preference of what you want, but I can't really tell a difference in power between 4 discs and say 10 discs... But the noise is def. different, the more discs the louder it is, and the better top end you get... The less discs the quieter it gets, and the better bottom end you get... So just mess around, maybe go 4, 8, 12, try those out and see what you like better... Me I run it wide open with no discs or sparky, and I like it like that...

umm u mean the less discs the louder and more the quieter....cause when u go less discs like me...I have none...its pretty freaking loud!!

JOEX
04-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Halter
umm u mean the less discs the louder and more the quieter....cause when u go less discs like me...I have none...its pretty freaking loud!!
There's a huge difference between 'less discs' and 'no discs':ermm: :rolleyes:

miller821
04-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
There's a huge difference between 'less discs' and 'no discs':ermm: :rolleyes:
Ya with no discs your running that thing wide open... With discs, it causes more back pressure... I ran 4 in there, and kinda liked it, it souned like my stock pipe... But it smoked so bad when it was like that, at least wide open you don't notice the smoke as bad.

JOEX
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ya with no discs your running that thing wide open... With discs, it causes more back pressure... I ran 4 in there, and kinda liked it, it souned like my stock pipe... But it smoked so bad when it was like that, at least wide open you don't notice the smoke as bad.
The disc aren't meant to control smoking:rolleyes:

Sounds like you have some other issues with your set up:ermm:

miller821
04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
The disc aren't meant to control smoking:rolleyes:

Sounds like you have some other issues with your set up:ermm:
Ya I know... I'm burning oil, cause its all blue and I have to put oil in there all the time... But I just notice it more when I have discs in, but lately its been smoking real bad... Time for a rebuild I suppose.