PDA

View Full Version : CD Player Problems

fast_enough
04-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Ok well heres how it goes, I have a Pioneer DEH-P2600. Heres a link to it http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_49927841_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_P roductDetailComponent&olderModel=Y
And the other day without any sign it lost all volume driving down a smooth highway. No sign of anything burnt etc... no bare wires anywhere, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. A friend of mine thinks the channel is burnt up in it, Ii'm by far no expert on this stuff and was wondering if anyone could help. Its sitting right here, I took it out and threw in a Jensen I had lying around, which is just plain ...nasty listening to it lol. But everything on the pioneer works except it has no volume or sound whatsoever. Any help is appreciated greatly. Thanks alot

stevo3176
04-26-2006, 08:35 PM
I'd check connections but I think it is toast if you can't get it to work. But last time I had a channel blow it only affected one side of the radio. I mean the right speakers worked and the left did not.

fast_enough
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks, I forgot to mention that I hooked it up in a friends truck, and if you turned it up all the way almost, you could hear it "barely". So I figure the built in amp, could be known as the channel? lol (please excuse my inexpertise), is fried, but I figured if it was fried then no power would come through it at all. Who knows? Thanks again, any other input anybody?